Ricardo Sloan signs a national letter-of-intent with NAIA school Point University in West Point, becoming Dougherty’s first football player in four years to accept a scholarship.
Early County's run in the Class AA state playoffs is ended Tuesday by Northeast Macon, which advances to Thursday's Elite 8.
Crisp County erases a 17-point lead but can't close the deal in a Sweet 16 loss to Rutland on Tuesday.
The Hornets have won 20 straight and advance to meet Laney in the Class AA quarterfinals on Thursday.
Westover boys return to Elite 8
Led by Dunavon Robinson, the Patriots trounced Riverdale, 79-60, advancing them to the Elite 8 for the second straight year.
The Bainbridge Bearcats upset No. 1 seed Mundy’s Mill with an 85-76 overtime victory Tuesday despite Super 6er Tyree Crump fouling out in the final minute of regulation. (ADDS: Calhoun County advances; Seminole County falls in OT)
James Walker scores a game-high 24 points to lead Region 4-AAAA champion Jonesboro into Thursday’s Elite 8 with a 62-45 victory over Worth County.
The Lady Patriots commit 30 turnovers and end their season in the second round. (ADDS: Early County girls, Mitchell County girls)
McCrae leads Red Devils into Elite 8
Gary McCrae scores 22 second-half points to help Randolph-Clay erase a 14-point deficit in Monday’s Class A tournament game against Georgia Military College.
Despite a noticeable height disadvantage, the Lady Tornadoes took down the Dutchtown Lady Bulldogs at home 50-38 to claim a win in the second round of the Class AAAA state playoffs.
The Randolph-Clay girls start the road back to the Class A state title game with a dominating 71-48 victory against Central Talbotton.
The Lady Hornets improve to 27-0 and will meet Laney in the Class AA state tournament quarterfinals.
Just days after head coach Bryan Gelfand was suspended for the rest of the season, the Sherwood boys basketball team wins its first region championship since 2010. (ADDS: Westwood, Crisp Academy girls repeat as region champs)
Tianna Germain, South Effingham’s star senior guard, finished with a triple-double in a 64-44 win over Dougherty High in the opening round.
Key Key Price scores 32 as Monroe advances to the second round to meet Dutchtown on Monday.
- Lady Rams earn No. 5 seed in NCAA Division II Tournament
- Darton sweeps ABAC in home doubleheader
- Crisp County’s Tyler named SEC Freshman of the Week
- Legendary ASU football coach Hamp Smith: Hall of Fame induction is an honor
- LOCAL COLLEGE ROUNDUP: South Georgia Tech men win Region XVII title
- Lady Rams denied SIAC title with OT loss
- Darton diver Crawford Berry wins another NJCAA title
- LOCAL COLLEGE HOOPS ROUNDUP: Albany State women advance to SIAC title game
- Lady Rams advance to conference quarterfinals
- Darton State College divers set to defend national titles