The Pacers outscore the Hawks 31-13 in the third quarter to pull away and even the opening-round series at 1-1.
Jose Fernandez pitched eight shutout innings to help Miami to a 1-0 win over the Atlanta Braves on Tuesday night and give the Marlins their first road victory of the season.
Varvaro lighting up radar gun
Braves relief pitcher Anthony Varvaro had a 9.82 ERA in 10 spring training outings, but the right-hander has a 2.08 ERA so far this season and has been one of Atlanta’s most reliable arms out of the bullpen.
Former NFL wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson was arrested Monday morning for misdemeanor domestic battery, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
Their starting rotation has been the best in baseball through the season’s first three weeks, and now the Braves are set to welcome back the pitcher who led the team in innings pitched and strikeouts in 2013.
The Mets score on a sac fly in the 14th inning Sunday to beat the Braves and avoid getting swept.
Aaron Harang’s unlikely career revival continued Friday night, when the right-hander threw seven no-hit innings before Luis Avilan surrendered the New York Mets’ only hit of the night in the eighth inning of a 6-0 win at Citi Field.
The Braves and Phillies combined for just nine hits Thursday, and Philadelphia finally broke the 0-0 tie in the eighth inning for the game's only run.
Braves hitting coach Greg Walker said he wanted Chris Johnson to “get the fight back between him and the pitcher” instead of fighting himself.
Braves pitcher stays hot
Ervin Santana struck out a career-high-tying 11 through six innings of one-run ball before leaving with a 2-1 lead Monday against the Phillies.
The 54-year-old wrestler, James Hellwig, collapsed on April 8 outside a hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Steve Koonin will oversee all business, financial and strategic operations of the Hawks and Philips Arena. He will also acquire an equity position within the ownership group, and represent the owners as the head of the organization.
Justin Upton raised his early season batting average from .265 to .366 in three days.
Freddie Freeman and Justin Upton homered early to spark Atlanta to a 10-2 win over the Washington Nationals on Sunday.
Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez acknowledged only 10 games into the season he’s still trying to find a comfort zone with how to use the new pieces in his bullpen.
- GISA STATE SOCCER TOURNAMENT: Deerfield, Sherwood teams advance to quarterfinals
- Dougherty to name former Harlem Globetrotter Randolph as hoops coach
- Four Lee County standouts sign college scholarships
- Terrell County runs away with Region 1-A track & field titles
- Westover sweeps Region 1-AAAA meet; Bainbridge boys take 1-AAAAA title
- Deerfield-Windsor track & field teams roll to region titles
- Three SW Georgia schools ask GHSA to reconsider classification
- Glover’s big game leads Deerfield past Southland
- Monroe girls, Westover boys take Westover Relays
- O'Neal leading Patriots into Westover Relays
Outdoors in Southwest Georgia
- BOB KORNEGAY: I hear the guns
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia Fishing - April 19, 2014 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: A treatise on crickets
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Weekend April 12, 2014
- BOB KORNEGAY: Camp cooking leaves much to be desired
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia lakes and river fishing rated fair this week
- BOB KORNEGAY: Why didn't I ask why first?
- Southwest Georgia Fishing Reports - March 22, 2014
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Some things just seem meant to happen
- Southwest Georgia fishing reports - March 2, 1014
- Lady Cavs sweep Andrew, finish season undefeated at home
- Darton softball sweeps Middle Georgia
- Lady Rams settle for No. 2 seed
- Darton baseball sets school record with 17th straight win
- Darton baseball crushes ABAC for 15th straight win
- COLLEGE ROUNDUP: Darton baseball, softball keep winning streaks alive
- Cavs win district title, punch ticket to nationals
- Darton golf close to 13th straight nationals berth
- Albany State baseball finishes SIAC slate unbeaten
- Ware will transfer to Georgia State