Ryan said he must learn to overcome previous games with Cards
Matt Ryan threw a combined nine interceptions with only one touchdown as the Falcons somehow split the games with Arizona the last two years.
Team has another fourh quarter meltdown in loss to Browns
The Atlanta defense couldn’t stop Brian Hoyer and the Browns, giving up four straight completions before Billy Cundiff kicked a 37-yarder on the final play for a 26-24 victory.
Bill Cundiff drills 37-yard field goal as time expired
With another fourth-quarter meltdown, Atlanta dropped to 0-7 against teams outside its division.
Wide receiver Josh Gordon returns for the Browns
With Josh Gordon’s 10-game suspension lifted, the Falcons must prepare for an elite receiver who last year led the NFL in total yards and yards per catch.
Kenn was a five-time Pro Bowler with Falcons
In addition to Kenn, former Atlanta kicker Morten Andersen also made the cut.
Lester interested in playing in Atlanta
Jon Lester is being pursued by at least a half-dozen teams, with the Cubs, Blue Jays and his longtime former team, the Red Sox, expected to engage in a bidding war that some believe will push the price tag closer to $25 million annually.
After Cincinnati Bengals tight end Jermaine Gresham scored a touchdown in the third quarter against the New Orleans Saints, he casually tossed the ball to the only Bengals fan he saw. It was a woman wearing an A.J. Green jersey.
Atlanta moves into first-place tie in NFC South with New Orleans
Matt Bryant’s 44-yard field goal with 2:08 left put Atlanta ahead for good, and the Falcons withstood a late Carolina rally.
Despite strong numbers, Ryan and Falcons are still struggling
Atlanta has won just seven of 25 games over the past two seasons, including a 3-6 mark this year.
Buster Posey makes appearance at Lee Counting meeting
As promised, a special homegrown guest arrives at a Lee County Chamber dinner.
Club will look hard at more starting pitching
The Braves’ offseason priority is to acquire a couple of pitchers who could step into their rotation, and they’re positioned better to do that via trades than free agency.
There's still a lot of winning left for team to do, but Sunday's victory was a start
Beating the struggling Tampa Bay Buccaneers 27-17 on Sunday may not guarantee they’ve resolved all of their issues, however it was exactly what the team needed coming off an open date that allowed more time than usual to stew over blowing a 21-point lead in a loss to Detroit two weeks ago.
Last year has been tough for Falcons’ wide receiver
Difficulties on and off the field have affected Roddy White, who seemed to wear a constant smile from the time Atlanta drafted him in the first round of 2005 through the Falcons’ 13-3 season of 2012.
Pitcher has week to accept or decline offer
If Ervin Santana takes the offer, he’d be the Braves’ highest-paid player in 2015, but with a salary not out of line for a pitcher of his ilk.
After a tumultuous offseason, team pulling out all stops
Aware the team needed to make amends, management pulled out all the stops Saturday, giving away T-shirts, a $10 voucher for future tickets and a performance by rapper T.I.
- Westover gears up to host Thanksgiving Shootout
- Calhoun County football continues to make history
- AuBre’ Ana Moore helps Westover Lady Patriots slip past Terrell County
- Lee County High School Basketball Game LIVE from Gwinnett County Tuesday afternoon
- Lee County High School Basketball Game LIVE from Gwinnett County tonight
- Albany High boys top Dougherty; Monroe pounds Westover
- Defending region girls champion Monroe tops Westover 47-43
- Sherwood Christian wins GICAA state football championship: VIDEO
- Deerfield Windsor Falls to Westfield 28-7 in GISA State Semifinal
- Archer ends Lee County’s dream season
Outdoors in Southwest Georgia
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Nov. 22, 2014 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Nov. 15, 2014 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: For sale, one U-catch-It canoe
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Nov. 8, 2014 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Oct. 31, 2014 weekend
- New riverfront kayak launches open in downtown Albany | VIDEO
- Dirty Devil Dog Mud Run at Marine Corps Logistics Base-Albany cancelled this year
- BOB KORNEGAY: Some tales just too big to buy
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Oct. 25, 2014 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Oct. 17, 2014 weekend
- ASU Lady Rams ready to go
- Iron Bowl features dangerous receivers
- Iron Bowl QBs can run and pass — or vice versa
- More on the line than just bragging rights
- Jackets gearing up for Bulldogs
- Theron Sapp was over-achiever for UGA
- Crimson Tide still No. 1 in College Football Playoff rankings
- Justin Scott-Wesley makes his presence known for UGA
- Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers can now focus entirely on Iron Bowl
- Resilient FSU faces another test in Florida