Atlanta can clinch division title by beating Carolina
The winner of Sunday’s game between the Falcons (6-9) and Carolina (6-8-1) will clinch the NFC South and have a home playoff game.
Falcons need to beat Saints and Panthers to make playoffs
The Falcons (5-9) have lost three of four heading into Sunday’s game at New Orleans (6-8).
Ben Roethlisberger throws for 360 yards in Steelers’ victory
The Falcons (5-9) slipped out of first place in the abysmal NFC South and ensured themselves a second straight losing season, but Atlanta can still make the playoffs by winning its final two games against division rivals New Orleans and Carolina.
Falcons encouraged after last Monday’s loss at Green Bay
If the Falcons are feeling positive about a loss, just imagine what kind of high the Steelers must be on after they won an impressive 42-21 victory at Cincinnati that pulled them within a half-game of division-leading Bengals in the jumbled AFC North.
Daniel Winkler could be an intriguing bullpen piece when he's ready to pitch again
The Braves added Triple-A catching depth by selecting Steven Rodriguez from the Diamondbacks’ Double-A roster in the minor league phase of the Rule 5 draft.
Falcons still lead division with tie-breaker over Saints
The Atlanta Falcons have played just well enough to control their fate in the much-ridiculed NFC South, even though they can’t finish the regular season with a winning record.
Jones had 11 catches for team-record 259 yards in loss to Packers
If Julio Jones can’t return, it would be a big blow to Atlanta’s hopes of winning the NFC South division.
The Atlanta Braves released four new conceptual renderings of the mixed-use development surrounding SunTrust Park.
Atlanta fell behind 31-7 before mounting furious comeback
On the road at Lambeau Field, the Falcons showed fight in a place where most other NFC foes had folded down the stretch.
Packers build 24-point lead, then hold on
Atlanta dropped to 5-8, but remained in a first-place tie with New Orleans in the woeful NFC South.
Rodgers leads Packers against Falcons tonight at Lambeau Field
Going into tonight’s game at Lambeau Field against the Atlanta Falcons, Aaron Rodgers has thrown 360 straight passes at home without an interception, a stretch that includes 31 consecutive touchdown passes at Lambeau without a pick.
The initial cost of the retractable-roof facility, which will replace the Georgia Dome in 2017, was estimated at $1 billion. That was later raised to $1.2 billion.
Career day keep Falcons in playoff hunt
Julio Jones’ career-best game helped lead the Atlanta Falcons to a 29-18 win over Patrick Peterson and the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday in an improbable matchup of first-place teams.
NFL divisional leaders meet in Georgia Dome
Atlanta (4-7) is 0-7 against teams outside the South, but beating division opponents has been enough to keep the Falcons on top.
Ryan said he must learn to overcome previous games with Cards
Matt Ryan threw a combined nine interceptions with only one touchdown as the Falcons somehow split the games with Arizona the last two years.
- Counting down Southwest Georgia's Top 10 sports stories of 2014; No. 6: Lee County football enjoys strong season
- Counting down Southwest Georgia’s Top 10 sports stories of 2014 — No. 7: Westover boys lose heart-breaker in basketball semifinals
- Counting down Southwest Georgia’s Top 10 sports stories of 2014 — No. 8: Deerfield-Windsor’s Steven Williams makes USA Baseball National Team
- Seminole County teams sweep Calhoun County
- U-SAVE-IT CLASSIC: Monroe turns up pressure to top Southeast Bulloch
- U-SAVE-IT CLASSIC: Albany High makes adjustments to beat Statesboro
- U-SAVE-IT CLASSIC ROUNDUP: Dougherty wins second game of season
- U-SAVE-IT-CLASSIC: Terrell County tops Dougherty
- Sherwood boys win SCA Tournament
- U-SAVE-IT CLASSIC: Albany High tops Manchester
Outdoors in Southwest Georgia
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Dec. 26, 2014 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: Raise a glass to a life well-spent
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Dec. 19, 2014 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: A letter to Luther
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Dec. 12, 2014 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: I hate duck boats (and they hate me, too)
- Feral cats negatively affect wildlife
- Billy Hodges, Joel White earn spots in American Kennel Club/Eukanuba National Championship
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Dec. 5, 2014 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Nov. 28, 2014 weekend
- Florida State offensive line remix boosts offense
- Mike Bobo introduced as new Colorado State coach
- Counting down Southwest Georgia's Top 10 sports stories of 2014 -- No. 10: Longtime Darton golf coach Dover retires
- Mike Bobo to take over at Colorado State
- Kenny Gaines lifts Georgia past Seton Hall
- Auburn Tigers hope to make good impression, contain Melvin Gordon
- Albany State names Dan Land interim football coach
- Georgia Bulldogs begin preparations for Belk Bowl
- Former Albany State coach Mike White introduced as new Benedict football coach
- Louisville ready to meet Georgia in Belk Bowl