Tim Hudson is now a Giant after signing with San Francisco following a 2013 season with the Braves when he suffered a season-ending ankle injury on July 24.
Coach Mike Budenholzer has not been pleased with the Hawks’ defense during their recent losing streak, and they didn’t play much in the first half — especially in transition — against the Suns on Sunday night.
Young Braves pitcher J.R. Graham threw for the first time since a shoulder injury derailed derailed his season last May in Double-A Mississippi.
Brandon Beachy is penciled in to start the season in the rotation with the returning trio of Kris Medlen, Julio Teheran and Mike Minor.
The NBA trade deadline is today and the Hawks continue to look for ways to improve a roster hit with two season-ending injuries.
Atlanta’s Paul Millsap is scheduled to make his first All-Star game appearance tonight after being chosen as a reserve by Eastern Conference coaches.
The city of Albany has terminated its lease agreement with the Albany Panthers, but meetings between the team and city officials are planned this week with the hope that a deal will be reached to keep the team in Albany.
The Atlanta Braves agreed to terms with first baseman Freddie Freeman and outfielder Jason Heyward, avoiding salary arbitration with the stars.
In a dominating performance from start to finish, the Seattle Seahawks beat the Denver Broncos, 43-8, to win Super Bowl XLVIII.
Monroe grad Ricardo Lockette is one of the Seattle Seahawks’ top players on special teams
Monroe grad Ricardo Lockette’s journey to Super Bowl XLVIII as a receiver for the Seattle Seahawks hasn’t always been easy, but it’s one that has made him, his parents and his community proud.
Albany's Professional Indoor Football League team needs to raise $100,000 in the next week or it will be forced to cancel the 2014 season.
A pro career that began with an Aug. 31, 1997, game at Denver ends today in Hawaii as Tony Gonzalez — an Atlanta Falcon for the past five seasons — makes his 14th appearance in the Pro Bowl.
The Hawks signed DeMarre Carroll to a two-year, $5 million contract over the summer and entrusted him with the task of defending the opposition’s top players.
Chipper Jones to be rancher in Texas
After a year of golfing, hanging with his sons, and watching a lot of baseball, former Braves star Chipper Jones is ready to roll his sleeves up again — as a rancher.
The Hawks have struggled in the seven games without Al Horford to replace what had been a staple of the offense, but they are slowly learning to play without him.
- CHAMPS!!!: Randolph-Clay girls dominate Mitchell County for state title
- Mitchell County's 'special season' ends in heartbreak
- STATE CHAMPIONSHIP NOTEBOOK: Randolph-Clay coach Acree drinks sweet tea from championship cup
- Turner County’s comeback falls just short in boys Class A title game
- STATE CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW: Mitchell County girls hoping to make history with first title
- STATE CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW: Adversity helped Randolph-Clay girls back to title game
- Oak Mountain ends Crisp Academy's season in GISA Final 4
- Sherwood fires boys basketball coach Bryan Gelfand
- Mitchell County, Randolph-Clay coaches believe small things will determine championship
- Columbia stuns Westover at buzzer in Class AAAA Final 4
Outdoors in Southwest Georgia
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Some things just seem meant to happen
- Southwest Georgia fishing reports - March 2, 1014
- OUTDOORS: Troubleshoot boats before fishing season heats up
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Crazy about the outdoors
- OUTDOORS: How to get a head start on deer season
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Medical procedures have come a long way
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Cupid throws a curve
- OUTDOORS: Do pen-raised quail supplement wild-bred populations?
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Quietly look, quietly listen
- In its sixth decade, hunting is still strong at Riverview Plantation
- Lady Rams advance to conference quarterfinals
- Darton State College divers set to defend national titles
- Darton, Georgia Southwestern can't catch Eastern Florida State in final round of Doublegate Invitational
- LOCAL COLLEGE ROUNDUP: Darton, GSW golf tied for 2nd at Doublegate Invite
- South Georgia Tech downs Darton in region semifinal
- Darton wrestling hoping to make history at nationals
- Lady Cavs advance to Region XVII semifinals
- Albany State gets 'signature win' vs. rival Fort Valley State
- Albany State women clinch East Division title with homecoming win
- LOCAL COLLEGE ROUNDUP: Darton softball sweeps East Georgia