The Braves and Phillies combined for just nine hits Thursday, and Philadelphia finally broke the 0-0 tie in the eighth inning for the game's only run.
Braves hitting coach Greg Walker said he wanted Chris Johnson to “get the fight back between him and the pitcher” instead of fighting himself.
Braves pitcher stays hot
Ervin Santana struck out a career-high-tying 11 through six innings of one-run ball before leaving with a 2-1 lead Monday against the Phillies.
The 54-year-old wrestler, James Hellwig, collapsed on April 8 outside a hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Steve Koonin will oversee all business, financial and strategic operations of the Hawks and Philips Arena. He will also acquire an equity position within the ownership group, and represent the owners as the head of the organization.
Justin Upton raised his early season batting average from .265 to .366 in three days.
Freddie Freeman and Justin Upton homered early to spark Atlanta to a 10-2 win over the Washington Nationals on Sunday.
Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez acknowledged only 10 games into the season he’s still trying to find a comfort zone with how to use the new pieces in his bullpen.
Atlanta’s offense has been alarmingly unproductive and some of the same problems that plagued the lineup a year ago have carried over.
Bubba Watson had a great day at Augusta National, but other past champions, including Phil Mickelson, didn’t fare as well on Friday
Mets left fielder Eric Young, who entered Thursday's game against Atlanta hitting just .154, had three hits, including a triple, stole three bases and scored four times as the Mets defeated the Braves 6-4 to take the three-game series at Turner Field.
Fireworks honoring the legendary Atlanta Braves slugger Hank Aaron on Tuesday night brought sparks way too close to the American Flag at Turner Field.
Jeff Teague had 19 points and eight assists and Kyle Korver scored 17 points as host Atlanta got a critical victory vs. Boston.
Atlanta beats New York Mets, 4-3
Braves pitcher Ervin Santana allowed three hits and no walks in eight scoreless innings during his debut on Wednesday. The Braves beat the Mets, 4-3.
On the 40th anniversary of Hank Aaron's historic 715th home run, it was New York Mets right-hander Bartolo Colon who flipped the calendar back.
- Dougherty to name former Harlem Globetrotter Randolph as hoops coach
- Four Lee County standouts sign college scholarships
- Terrell County runs away with Region 1-A track & field titles
- Westover sweeps Region 1-AAAA meet; Bainbridge boys take 1-AAAAA title
- Deerfield-Windsor track & field teams roll to region titles
- Three SW Georgia schools ask GHSA to reconsider classification
- Glover’s big game leads Deerfield past Southland
- Monroe girls, Westover boys take Westover Relays
- O'Neal leading Patriots into Westover Relays
- PREP NOTEBOOK: Miller County's Killingsworth ponders next move after resignation
Outdoors in Southwest Georgia
- BOB KORNEGAY: I hear the guns
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia Fishing - April 19, 2014 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: A treatise on crickets
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Weekend April 12, 2014
- BOB KORNEGAY: Camp cooking leaves much to be desired
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia lakes and river fishing rated fair this week
- BOB KORNEGAY: Why didn't I ask why first?
- Southwest Georgia Fishing Reports - March 22, 2014
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Some things just seem meant to happen
- Southwest Georgia fishing reports - March 2, 1014
- Darton baseball crushes ABAC for 15th straight win
- COLLEGE ROUNDUP: Darton baseball, softball keep winning streaks alive
- Cavs win district title, punch ticket to nationals
- Darton golf close to 13th straight nationals berth
- Albany State baseball finishes SIAC slate unbeaten
- Ware will transfer to Georgia State
- LOCAL COLLEGE ROUNDUP: Albany State baseball sweeps Paine
- Darton wins 13th straight of season
- Former Southwest Georgia prep stars leading Albany State baseball
- COLLEGE ROUNDUP: Darton softball returns from break, sweeps South Georgia