Falcons will interview pair of defensive coordinators this week
The Falcons, who had already sought permission to interview Arizona defensive coordinator Todd Bowles and Detroit defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, will interview with both this week along with former Buffalo coach Doug Marrone.
Former Braves pitcher elected on first attempt
John Smoltz was inducted along with pitchers Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez and second baseman/catcher/outfielder Craig Biggio.
NBA committed to keeping team in Atlanta
According to a person familiar with the deal who was not authorized to speak publicly, agreements have been reached between all three ownership groups — formerly operated under The Atlanta Spirit — to sell their complete stakes in the team.
Team receives starting pitcher Manny Banuelos in return
Manny Banuelos, 23, was rated as one of baseball’s top 30 prospects before the 2011 and 2012 seasons, but is trying to regain his form since having Tommy John elbow surgery in October 2012.
Atlanta can clinch division title by beating Carolina
The winner of Sunday’s game between the Falcons (6-9) and Carolina (6-8-1) will clinch the NFC South and have a home playoff game.
Falcons need to beat Saints and Panthers to make playoffs
The Falcons (5-9) have lost three of four heading into Sunday’s game at New Orleans (6-8).
Ben Roethlisberger throws for 360 yards in Steelers’ victory
The Falcons (5-9) slipped out of first place in the abysmal NFC South and ensured themselves a second straight losing season, but Atlanta can still make the playoffs by winning its final two games against division rivals New Orleans and Carolina.
Falcons encouraged after last Monday’s loss at Green Bay
If the Falcons are feeling positive about a loss, just imagine what kind of high the Steelers must be on after they won an impressive 42-21 victory at Cincinnati that pulled them within a half-game of division-leading Bengals in the jumbled AFC North.
Daniel Winkler could be an intriguing bullpen piece when he's ready to pitch again
The Braves added Triple-A catching depth by selecting Steven Rodriguez from the Diamondbacks’ Double-A roster in the minor league phase of the Rule 5 draft.
Falcons still lead division with tie-breaker over Saints
The Atlanta Falcons have played just well enough to control their fate in the much-ridiculed NFC South, even though they can’t finish the regular season with a winning record.
Jones had 11 catches for team-record 259 yards in loss to Packers
If Julio Jones can’t return, it would be a big blow to Atlanta’s hopes of winning the NFC South division.
The Atlanta Braves released four new conceptual renderings of the mixed-use development surrounding SunTrust Park.
Atlanta fell behind 31-7 before mounting furious comeback
On the road at Lambeau Field, the Falcons showed fight in a place where most other NFC foes had folded down the stretch.
Packers build 24-point lead, then hold on
Atlanta dropped to 5-8, but remained in a first-place tie with New Orleans in the woeful NFC South.
Rodgers leads Packers against Falcons tonight at Lambeau Field
Going into tonight’s game at Lambeau Field against the Atlanta Falcons, Aaron Rodgers has thrown 360 straight passes at home without an interception, a stretch that includes 31 consecutive touchdown passes at Lambeau without a pick.
- Deerfield-Windsor girls tennis team finishes as state runner-ups
- Deerfield-Windsor girls dominate Robert Roombs
- Deerfield-Windsor boys soccer rolls into second round
- Monroe track & field teams sweep region meet
- Deerfield Windsor track & field teams win GISA Region 3-AAA titles
- Crisp County ends Worth County’s slim postseason hopes
- Sherwood soccer standout Katelyn Cuff signs with Brewton-Parker
- SPORTS BRIEFS: Lee County baseball falls to Colquitt County
- Lee County honors greats Buster Posey and Matt Meeks
- Sherwood Christian golfer Tyler Hanson wins state title
Outdoors in Southwest Georgia
- BOB KORNEGAY: It's all about big, bad and pretty
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - April 25, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - April 18, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - April 11, 2015 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: Skeeters again are on the attack
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - April 3, 2015 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: 'Betting on catfish'
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - March 28, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - March 21, 2015 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: Thank goodness every day's not a fish fry
- University of Alabama honors Albany State President Art Dunning, who helped break color barrier on football team
- Darton rallies from five runs down to defeat Georgia Perimeter
- Darton golfers run away with region championship
- Darton golfers maintain firm control of lead after second day of Region 17 championships
- Darton golf leads conference tournament after first day
- Georgia rebuilding at wide receiver
- Michigan State ousts Louisville in overtime
- Kentucky survives upset-minded Notre Dame
- Herschel Walker 'amazed' by Georgia's Nick Chubb
- Georgia's late rally not enough to top Michigan State