29-year old wins by three strokes
Troy Merritt earned $1.2 million for the victory, about half of his prior PGA Tour career winnings.
Kyle Busch finishes 21st
It was the second win of the 2015 season for Matt Kenseth and the fourth consecutive victory for Joe Gibbs Racing, adding to Kyle Busch’s wins in the last three races.
Teheran earns second road win of the season
Julio Teheran got the run support he needed with a two-out, four-run rally in the top of the fifth inning that put Atlanta ahead for good.
Park fired a 7-under 65 to win by three strokes
The 27-year-old Inbee Park becomes the seventh female player to capture four different majors with the win on the Ailsa Course at Trump Turnberry Resort in Ayrshire, Scotland.
FLOWERY BRANCH — The Atlanta Falcons opened up their 2015 Training Camp at the team’s facility in Flowery Branch Friday morning.
Starter Shelby Miller loses fifth straight decision
Shelby Miller hasn’t got a victory since losing a no-hit bid with two outs in the ninth inning at Miami on May 17.
Brad Keselowski finishes second, Kevin Harvick third
The race ended under yellow because of a spinning car on the final lap, slowing Kyle Busch and everyone behind him to 45 mph as they headed to the checkered flag.
Johnson is 10-under with five holes left in second round
After an early-morning deluge caused play to be suspended for more than three hours, it was inevitable the second would have to be carried over into Saturday.
Joey Logano finishes second
Carl Edwards, who dramatically improved his average starting position of 14.9 at New Hampshire, didn’t believe he had won the pole Friday until he got reassurance from crew chief Darian Grubb.
World No. 1 tennis player seeks fourth straight major
Serena Williams did not want to stress out at the prospect of pulling off a feat she last achieved as a 21-year-old in 2003.
Wood helps Braves avoid getting swept
Alex Wood commanded his sinker and breaking ball precisely and pitched 7 1/3 innings of shutout baseball.
Watson sinks eight-foot birdie putt to beat Paul Casey
Bubba Watson, a 36-year-old left-hander, reached the green in two on the second playoff hole at par-4 No. 18 after missing a 24-foot birdie putt on the first that would have given him the win.
Driver wins fifth race of season
On newer tires, Kyle Busch drove up from seventh to second in one lap on a restart with seven laps to go, then got by Jimmie Johnson for the lead a lap later.
The greats who dominated the game for two decades are fading into the background
Rory McIlroy thrilled the Sunday throng with an early morning charge up the leaderboard before Jordan Spieth took over the spotlight scrapping to a one shot win over Dustin Johnson to become just the sixth golfer to win both the Masters and U.S. Open titles in the same year.
Copies of a notebook seized from the home of a former Rose associate show he bet on at least one MLB team on 30 different days
The report also states that on 21 of those days, Pete Rose bet on baseball and on the Cincinnati Reds, including on games in which he played.
- Georgia Sports Writers Association High School Football Poll
- Albany Herald Peoples Choice High School Football Player of the Week - Week 7
- Local teams compete at Westover invitational
- PREP FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Lee County will play host to No. 1 Colquitt County
- Deerfield-Windsor beats Brookwood for homecoming | PHOTOS
- Terrell County opens region play with win over Calhoun County
- PREP FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: Terrell Academy stomps Georgia Christian
- Lee County wins region opener against Tift County | PHOTOS
- Friday's High School Football Capsules
- Lee County opens region play with Tift County
Outdoors in Southwest Georgia
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Oct. 4, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Sept. 27, 2015 weekend
- Albany residents to participate on Float on the Flint
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Sept. 20, 2015 weekend
- Website an autumn map to the changing color of leaves in Georgia
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - September 13, 2015 weekend
- Pecan City Pedalers to host Nut Roll on Saturday | PHOTOS
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - September 6, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEYRE BITIN: Southwest Georgia fishing - August 30, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - August 15, 2015 weekend
- Georgia quarterbacks moving forward
- TOP 25 FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: Second-half rally sends Ohio State past Indiana
- Alabama Crimson Tide hammers Georgia Bulldogs | PHOTOS
- Second-half surge sends Albany State past Miles College
- North Carolina overcomes first-half deficit to stun Georgia Tech
- SEC FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: Peyton Barber paces Auburn to victory over San Jose State
- ACC FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: Defense helps FSU top Wake Forest
- Albany State looking to pick up steam in SIAC
- Georgia defense to be tested by Alabama
- Trent Thompson to start against Alabama