With the Falcons playing so many rookies this season, head coach Mike Smith and his staff’s patience have been tested during this disappointing 4-10 campaign.
The Braves haven’t been able to acquire the ace they might have wanted for the top of their rotation, but they secured the depth they needed Monday with the signing of free agent right-hander Gavin Floyd.
Paul Millsap has been key for the Hawks as they try to stay near the top of the Eastern Conference standings.
Two teams who are ready to put 2013 behind them square off today when the Atlanta Falcons host the Washington Redskins.
The Braves were one of the few teams to leave the Winter Meetings on Thursday without making a significant trade or free-agent signing.
Despite the tough times this season for the Atlanta Falcons, defensive lineman Osi Umenyiora wants to return next season.
Atlanta’s Asante Samuel was replaced in the starting lineup by rookie Robert Alford on Sunday at Green Bay and didn’t play a snap for the first time this season when healthy.
While Braves fans anxiously await news from the Winter Meetings and many hope general manager Frank Wren will trade for a top-of-the-rotation starter or a slugger, he indicated Monday if a move were made, it would likely be something more modest.
The Packers, who were 0-4-1 since Rodgers sustained a broken collarbone, rallied from a 21-10 halftime deficit to beat the Atlanta Falcons 22-21 at Lambeau Field.
The Falcons are not in the playoff picture but are looking for their first back-to-back victories in a season gone wrong.
Robert Alford leads the Falcons in interceptions (two) and total takeaways (three) and ranks second in passes defended (seven)
Wednesday’s game against the Clippers is the start of a season-long four-game homestand and part of seven of eight games at Philips Arena for the Atlanta Hawks.
The Falcons are preparing for Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who’s missed the past five games with a fractured collarbone.
Falcons looking for second straight win
The Falcons fought back to beat Buffalo on the road last week and will need that same fight to overcome a Green Bay team that could have Aaron Rodgers back under center.
Atlanta wins on the road for the first time this season thanks to fumbles by Buffalo at the end of regulation and in overtime.
- Crisp Academy girls cruise into GISA Class A finals
- CHAMPS!!!: Randolph-Clay girls dominate Mitchell County for state title
- Mitchell County's 'special season' ends in heartbreak
- STATE CHAMPIONSHIP NOTEBOOK: Randolph-Clay coach Acree drinks sweet tea from championship cup
- Turner County’s comeback falls just short in boys Class A title game
- STATE CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW: Mitchell County girls hoping to make history with first title
- STATE CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW: Adversity helped Randolph-Clay girls back to title game
- Oak Mountain ends Crisp Academy's season in GISA Final 4
- Sherwood fires boys basketball coach Bryan Gelfand
- Mitchell County, Randolph-Clay coaches believe small things will determine championship
Outdoors in Southwest Georgia
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Some things just seem meant to happen
- Southwest Georgia fishing reports - March 2, 1014
- OUTDOORS: Troubleshoot boats before fishing season heats up
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Crazy about the outdoors
- OUTDOORS: How to get a head start on deer season
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Medical procedures have come a long way
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Cupid throws a curve
- OUTDOORS: Do pen-raised quail supplement wild-bred populations?
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Quietly look, quietly listen
- In its sixth decade, hunting is still strong at Riverview Plantation
- Darton diver Crawford Berry wins another NJCAA title
- Lady Rams advance to conference quarterfinals
- Darton State College divers set to defend national titles
- Darton, Georgia Southwestern can't catch Eastern Florida State in final round of Doublegate Invitational
- LOCAL COLLEGE ROUNDUP: Darton, GSW golf tied for 2nd at Doublegate Invite
- South Georgia Tech downs Darton in region semifinal
- Darton wrestling hoping to make history at nationals
- Lady Cavs advance to Region XVII semifinals
- Albany State gets 'signature win' vs. rival Fort Valley State
- Albany State women clinch East Division title with homecoming win