Team has another fourh quarter meltdown in loss to Browns
The Atlanta defense couldn’t stop Brian Hoyer and the Browns, giving up four straight completions before Billy Cundiff kicked a 37-yarder on the final play for a 26-24 victory.
Bill Cundiff drills 37-yard field goal as time expired
With another fourth-quarter meltdown, Atlanta dropped to 0-7 against teams outside its division.
Wide receiver Josh Gordon returns for the Browns
With Josh Gordon’s 10-game suspension lifted, the Falcons must prepare for an elite receiver who last year led the NFL in total yards and yards per catch.
Kenn was a five-time Pro Bowler with Falcons
In addition to Kenn, former Atlanta kicker Morten Andersen also made the cut.
Lester interested in playing in Atlanta
Jon Lester is being pursued by at least a half-dozen teams, with the Cubs, Blue Jays and his longtime former team, the Red Sox, expected to engage in a bidding war that some believe will push the price tag closer to $25 million annually.
After Cincinnati Bengals tight end Jermaine Gresham scored a touchdown in the third quarter against the New Orleans Saints, he casually tossed the ball to the only Bengals fan he saw. It was a woman wearing an A.J. Green jersey.
Atlanta moves into first-place tie in NFC South with New Orleans
Matt Bryant’s 44-yard field goal with 2:08 left put Atlanta ahead for good, and the Falcons withstood a late Carolina rally.
Despite strong numbers, Ryan and Falcons are still struggling
Atlanta has won just seven of 25 games over the past two seasons, including a 3-6 mark this year.
Buster Posey makes appearance at Lee Counting meeting
As promised, a special homegrown guest arrives at a Lee County Chamber dinner.
Club will look hard at more starting pitching
The Braves’ offseason priority is to acquire a couple of pitchers who could step into their rotation, and they’re positioned better to do that via trades than free agency.
There's still a lot of winning left for team to do, but Sunday's victory was a start
Beating the struggling Tampa Bay Buccaneers 27-17 on Sunday may not guarantee they’ve resolved all of their issues, however it was exactly what the team needed coming off an open date that allowed more time than usual to stew over blowing a 21-point lead in a loss to Detroit two weeks ago.
Last year has been tough for Falcons’ wide receiver
Difficulties on and off the field have affected Roddy White, who seemed to wear a constant smile from the time Atlanta drafted him in the first round of 2005 through the Falcons’ 13-3 season of 2012.
Pitcher has week to accept or decline offer
If Ervin Santana takes the offer, he’d be the Braves’ highest-paid player in 2015, but with a salary not out of line for a pitcher of his ilk.
After a tumultuous offseason, team pulling out all stops
Aware the team needed to make amends, management pulled out all the stops Saturday, giving away T-shirts, a $10 voucher for future tickets and a performance by rapper T.I.
Team has bye this week before visiting Tampa Bay on Nov. 9
Coach Mike Smith insists his team has the players and schemes to make a playoff run, but the Falcons (2-6) have dropped five straight and are on course to finish 4-12 for the second straight year.
- Youth leads Terrell County girls into state semifinals
- Deerfield-Windsor boys hold off stubborn Trinity Christian to advance
- Pelham girls sink Manchester to make state semifinals
- Calhoun County boys return to state semifinals
- Randolph-Clay girls eliminate Mitchell County
- PREP BASKETBALL ROUNDUP: Sherwood girls advance to play for state title
- Westwood girls advance in state tournament
- Pelham girls shake off sluggish first quarter to beat Darlington
- Deerfield-Windsor boys, Westwood girls claim tournament titles
- Calhoun County boys cruise past Irwin County
Outdoors in Southwest Georgia
- BOB KORNEGAY: Alone but not lonely
- 'Take a kid fishing' not just an empty cliche'
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Feb. 21, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Feb. 14, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Feb. 7, 2015 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: I'll take the long route
- Bass-fishing's 'tried-and-true' winter-bait
- Purple Heart Hunt honors wounded warriors | PHOTO GALLERY
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Jan. 30, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Jan. 24, 2015 weekend
- Mecca Frost helps Albany State women beat Tuskegee
- Morehouse tops Albany State men at last minute
- North Carolina Tar Heels rebound to pound Georgia Tech
- Georgia Bulldogs to play North Carolina in 2016 Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Game
- LOCAL COLLEGE BASKETBALL ROUNDUP: Darton clinches No. 1 seed
- Thomas Brown hired to coach UGA running backs
- Florida State Seminoles rally past Georgia Tech
- KT Harrell helps Auburn Tigers stun Georgia
- Darton women rout East Georgia State
- Darton softball opens season today against GMC