Bowles considered to be leading candidate
Todd Bowles has been on the Falcons’ radar from the outset of the coaching search, but couldn’t interview until the Cardinals were eliminated from the playoffs.
Sanchez rated the Angels’ No. 3 prospect by Baseball America
The Braves believe Ricardo Sanchez has top-of-the-starting-rotation potential, though his major league arrival could be several years away.
The Hawks go on the market in a few days and there’s already interest in the franchise
The Atlanta Hawks will officially be on the market in a matter of days, with a 100 percent stake in the franchise available, and several prospective buyers have already expressed an interest.
Falcons will interview pair of defensive coordinators this week
The Falcons, who had already sought permission to interview Arizona defensive coordinator Todd Bowles and Detroit defensive coordinator Teryl Austin, will interview with both this week along with former Buffalo coach Doug Marrone.
Former Braves pitcher elected on first attempt
John Smoltz was inducted along with pitchers Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez and second baseman/catcher/outfielder Craig Biggio.
NBA committed to keeping team in Atlanta
According to a person familiar with the deal who was not authorized to speak publicly, agreements have been reached between all three ownership groups — formerly operated under The Atlanta Spirit — to sell their complete stakes in the team.
Team receives starting pitcher Manny Banuelos in return
Manny Banuelos, 23, was rated as one of baseball’s top 30 prospects before the 2011 and 2012 seasons, but is trying to regain his form since having Tommy John elbow surgery in October 2012.
Atlanta can clinch division title by beating Carolina
The winner of Sunday’s game between the Falcons (6-9) and Carolina (6-8-1) will clinch the NFC South and have a home playoff game.
Falcons need to beat Saints and Panthers to make playoffs
The Falcons (5-9) have lost three of four heading into Sunday’s game at New Orleans (6-8).
Ben Roethlisberger throws for 360 yards in Steelers’ victory
The Falcons (5-9) slipped out of first place in the abysmal NFC South and ensured themselves a second straight losing season, but Atlanta can still make the playoffs by winning its final two games against division rivals New Orleans and Carolina.
Falcons encouraged after last Monday’s loss at Green Bay
If the Falcons are feeling positive about a loss, just imagine what kind of high the Steelers must be on after they won an impressive 42-21 victory at Cincinnati that pulled them within a half-game of division-leading Bengals in the jumbled AFC North.
Daniel Winkler could be an intriguing bullpen piece when he's ready to pitch again
The Braves added Triple-A catching depth by selecting Steven Rodriguez from the Diamondbacks’ Double-A roster in the minor league phase of the Rule 5 draft.
Falcons still lead division with tie-breaker over Saints
The Atlanta Falcons have played just well enough to control their fate in the much-ridiculed NFC South, even though they can’t finish the regular season with a winning record.
Jones had 11 catches for team-record 259 yards in loss to Packers
If Julio Jones can’t return, it would be a big blow to Atlanta’s hopes of winning the NFC South division.
The Atlanta Braves released four new conceptual renderings of the mixed-use development surrounding SunTrust Park.
- BOYS TRACK ATHLETE OF THE YEAR: Mitchell County's McKinely West
- GIRLS TRACK ATHLETE OF THE YEAR: Deerfield-Windsor's Tarah Young
- ALBANY HERALD ALL-AREA TRACK & FIELD TEAM: Albany Herald’s 2015 All-Area Track & Field Team
- Local girls team benefit from Darton camp
- Lee County quarterback Garet Morrell commits to Marshall
- ALBANY HERALD ALL-AREA BASEBALL TEAM: Albany Herald’s 2015 All-Area Baseball Team
- RAY KNIGHT BASEBALL PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Worth County’s Denzell Gowdy
- Sherwood’s Chad Evans named new football coach
- Deerfield-Windsor sweeps Valwood for first state baseball title since 2003 | PHOTO GALLERY
- STATE CHAMPIONSHIP NOTEBOOK: Deerfield-Windsor pitchers solid in Game 2 victory
Outdoors in Southwest Georgia
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - July 4, 2015 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: We're not really all that different
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - June 27, 2015 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: In praise of the 'ugliness' of nature
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - June 19, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - June 13, 2015 weekend
- Albany swimmers, boaters urged to follow safety rules
- Marine Corp Logistics Base-Albany hosts fishing tournament for children | PHOTO GALLERY
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - June 6, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEYRE BITIN: Southwest Georgia fishing - May 30, 2015 weekend
- Lutzenkirchens still coping with son’s death
- Recruiting frenzy was intense for Trent Thompson
- Sam Madden's trek to Georgia was 'meant to be'
- Albany State University Marching Rams seek funding help for trip to California
- Local girls team benefit from Darton camp
- Linebacker Roquan Smith plans to earn his keep at Georgia
- Georgia Tech, Boston College to open 2016 season in Ireland
- Georgia anxious to improve upon last season
- Albany State Rams anxious to build on 2014
- Lea Henry named Darton interim athletics director