Braves swept by Phillies
The Phillies sweep the Braves in Atlanta for the first time since 2011 as the Braves fall further back in the NL East standings.
Here are five things to watch for those fans who want to attend the Falcons open sessions this week.
The Braves are under-performing so far in 2014, but the team has some options to shake up the roster if things don’t improve soon.
It was a storybook finish for the Americans in Monday's World Cup opener against Ghana as John Brooks scores in the 86th minute to clinch a 2-1 victory.
Former San Diego Padres star outfielder was 54
Former San Diego Padres star Tony Gwynn, 54, dies after battle with cancer.
Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan believes that a committee of receivers and running backs will help fill the void that future Hall of Fame tight end Tony Gonzalez left when he retired after last season.
Braves hitting coach Greg Walker says there is no excuse for Atlanta’s struggles at the plate in the opening months of the season.
Temporarily dazed but not seriously injured, Braves catcher Gerald Laird was cleared to fly back to Atlanta with the team after things turned nasty in the eighth inning of a 10-3 series-ending loss to the Rockies on Thursday.
Braves slugger Evan Gattis is in the midst of a career-best hitting surge since making adjustments in his stance and approach.
The Atlanta Falcons will be featured on HBO Sports’ award-winning documentary series Hard Knocks, the club announced on Thursday. The Falcons, HBO Sports, and NFL Films will team up for an all-access, behind the scenes look at what it takes to make it in the National Football League when Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Atlanta Falcons debuts on Aug. 5.
Falcons linebacker Sean Weatherspoon ruptures his Achilles tendon Tuesday while working out with the training staff and will miss the entire season.
When the Braves activate reliever Jordan Walden from the disabled list Tuesday, manager Fredi Gonzalez believes he could have a ripple effect for a bullpen that’s struggled in recent weeks.
When Braves second baseman Tommy La Stella was called to the majors on May 28, he got two hits that night in his major league debut against the Red Sox at Fenway Park, and he hasn’t looked back.
Braves catcher Evan Gattis made a recent swing adjustment designed to eliminate what he calls “side-to-side movement” and improve his bat path.
The Braves completed their 2014 draft Saturday, feeling good about the arms they loaded up on in the early rounds.
- PREVIEW CAPSULE: Crisp Academy
- PREVIEW CAPSULE: Crisp County
- Westover hopes strong defense will carry team
- PREVIEW CAPSULE: Calhoun County
- PREVIEW CAPSULE: Randolph-Clay
- Lee County opens season with new field, new region
- Albany High seeks to put past issues behind
- Westover Patriots begin season No. 1 in Fab 5 Poll
- Dougherty seeks to continue building on foundation
- 2014 Albany Herald Dynamite Dozen
Outdoors in Southwest Georgia
- BOB KORNEGAY: I've been waiting for the railroad
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Aug. 16, 2014 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: Outdoor 'plumbing' can be plumb dangerous
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Aug. 9, 2014 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Aug. 1, 2014 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: My companion, Mr. Whiskers
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - July 18, 2014 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - July 12, 2014 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: No cure for the bird nerd
- BOB KORNEGAY: Don't rush to judgment
- Albany State opens practice riding last year's momentum
- Georgia closing in on first scrimmage
- Healthier Fisher opens camp at FSU
- Darton State College soccer teams open preseason camps
- Kenderius Whitehead’s arrival boosts start of Tech’s preseason
- Amber Miles tabbed to lead Lady Cavalier softball program
- Florida State opens season where they left off - at No. 1
- Recovered skill players give Bulldogs many offensive options
- Shanea Armbrister representing Darton at All-Star weekend
- Rams reload with former Albany prep stars