After his Pro Day workout at South Carolina’s Williams-Brice Stadium on Wednesday, Jadeveon Clowney said the Falcons had been in touch to set up a private workout.
Hawks percentage points out of playoff spot
With Wednesday’s loss to the Bulls, the Hawks (32-42, .432) fell .002 percentage points behind the Knicks (33-43, .434) for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Braves pitcher Ervin Santana is scheduled to pitch five or six innings for Gwinnett on Friday in what might be his last build-up start before the former All-Star joins the rotation.
Right-hander Aaron Harang was brilliant Wednesday afternoon, throwing a no-hitter through six innings as the Braves beat the Brewers 1-0.
The Bulls pull away late from the Hawks, who have now lost seven of their last eight.
Ryan Buchter officially became a major-leaguer when he was chosen for the Braves’ 25-man opening day roster, only five days after the big left-hander had been sent to Triple-A.
Freddie Freeman added to Atlanta’s advantage with solo homers in the sixth and eighth innings.
Brewers spoil Braves’ season opener
Yovani Gollardo limited the Braves to four hits and two walks and improved to 5-1 with a 1.78 ERA in eight career meetings with Atlanta.
Hale impressed in his first two major league starts last year, allowing only one run in 13 innings against the Padres and the Phillies.
Tommy John surgery could be on the horizon for Cory Gearrin, who would become the third Braves pitcher to undergo the season-ending procedure this spring.
Braves hope thin pitching staff can keep them on top of division
With the National League East featuring some of the most dominant starting pitching in baseball, the Atlanta Braves hope to stay in chase.
Uggla anxious to put last two years behind
Dan Uggla led the National League with 11 walks and ranked among NL leaders in homers (four) and RBIs (team-high 14) before Thursday’s final game of spring training.
Stadium will have ‘more-intimate’ experience than Turner Field
Populous principal Earl Santee described a stadium that will be built in “a natural bowl” on the hilly, forested site, likely facing south toward Atlanta.
After missing the first three weeks of the Grapefruit League schedule, Tyler Pastornicky had just enough time to show Braves officials he’s recovered from September knee surgery and ready to play.
Julio Teheran worked out of a couple of jams, didn’t issue any unintentional walks, gave up two runs in six innings, and struck out nine batters including two apiece in three different innings in his final spring-training start.
- Deerfield girls win region tennis title
- GISA STATE SOCCER TOURNAMENT: Deerfield, Sherwood teams advance to quarterfinals
- Dougherty to name former Harlem Globetrotter Randolph as hoops coach
- Four Lee County standouts sign college scholarships
- Terrell County runs away with Region 1-A track & field titles
- Westover sweeps Region 1-AAAA meet; Bainbridge boys take 1-AAAAA title
- Deerfield-Windsor track & field teams roll to region titles
- Three SW Georgia schools ask GHSA to reconsider classification
- Glover’s big game leads Deerfield past Southland
- Monroe girls, Westover boys take Westover Relays
Outdoors in Southwest Georgia
- BOB KORNEGAY: I hear the guns
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia Fishing - April 19, 2014 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: A treatise on crickets
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Weekend April 12, 2014
- BOB KORNEGAY: Camp cooking leaves much to be desired
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia lakes and river fishing rated fair this week
- BOB KORNEGAY: Why didn't I ask why first?
- Southwest Georgia Fishing Reports - March 22, 2014
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Some things just seem meant to happen
- Southwest Georgia fishing reports - March 2, 1014
- BRIEFS: ASU's Stewart, Traylor named SIAC track athletes of the year
- COLLEGE ROUNDUP: Rams keep season alive with tournament victory; ASU, Darton softball win openers
- Albany State baseball stunned in tourney opener
- Lady Cavs sweep Andrew, finish season undefeated at home
- Darton softball sweeps Middle Georgia
- Lady Rams settle for No. 2 seed
- Darton baseball sets school record with 17th straight win
- Darton baseball crushes ABAC for 15th straight win
- COLLEGE ROUNDUP: Darton baseball, softball keep winning streaks alive
- Cavs win district title, punch ticket to nationals