Atlanta fell behind 31-7 before mounting furious comeback
On the road at Lambeau Field, the Falcons showed fight in a place where most other NFC foes had folded down the stretch.
Packers build 24-point lead, then hold on
Atlanta dropped to 5-8, but remained in a first-place tie with New Orleans in the woeful NFC South.
Rodgers leads Packers against Falcons tonight at Lambeau Field
Going into tonight’s game at Lambeau Field against the Atlanta Falcons, Aaron Rodgers has thrown 360 straight passes at home without an interception, a stretch that includes 31 consecutive touchdown passes at Lambeau without a pick.
The initial cost of the retractable-roof facility, which will replace the Georgia Dome in 2017, was estimated at $1 billion. That was later raised to $1.2 billion.
Career day keep Falcons in playoff hunt
Julio Jones’ career-best game helped lead the Atlanta Falcons to a 29-18 win over Patrick Peterson and the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday in an improbable matchup of first-place teams.
NFL divisional leaders meet in Georgia Dome
Atlanta (4-7) is 0-7 against teams outside the South, but beating division opponents has been enough to keep the Falcons on top.
Ryan said he must learn to overcome previous games with Cards
Matt Ryan threw a combined nine interceptions with only one touchdown as the Falcons somehow split the games with Arizona the last two years.
Team has another fourh quarter meltdown in loss to Browns
The Atlanta defense couldn’t stop Brian Hoyer and the Browns, giving up four straight completions before Billy Cundiff kicked a 37-yarder on the final play for a 26-24 victory.
Bill Cundiff drills 37-yard field goal as time expired
With another fourth-quarter meltdown, Atlanta dropped to 0-7 against teams outside its division.
Wide receiver Josh Gordon returns for the Browns
With Josh Gordon’s 10-game suspension lifted, the Falcons must prepare for an elite receiver who last year led the NFL in total yards and yards per catch.
Kenn was a five-time Pro Bowler with Falcons
In addition to Kenn, former Atlanta kicker Morten Andersen also made the cut.
Lester interested in playing in Atlanta
Jon Lester is being pursued by at least a half-dozen teams, with the Cubs, Blue Jays and his longtime former team, the Red Sox, expected to engage in a bidding war that some believe will push the price tag closer to $25 million annually.
After Cincinnati Bengals tight end Jermaine Gresham scored a touchdown in the third quarter against the New Orleans Saints, he casually tossed the ball to the only Bengals fan he saw. It was a woman wearing an A.J. Green jersey.
Atlanta moves into first-place tie in NFC South with New Orleans
Matt Bryant’s 44-yard field goal with 2:08 left put Atlanta ahead for good, and the Falcons withstood a late Carolina rally.
Despite strong numbers, Ryan and Falcons are still struggling
Atlanta has won just seven of 25 games over the past two seasons, including a 3-6 mark this year.
- Deerfield-Windsor beats Pinewood Christian to advance to state championship series
- Deerfield-Windsor splits Class AAA semifinal series with Pinewood Christian
- Mitchell County track standout West signed letter-of-intent with Barton Junior College in Kansas
- Deerfield-Windsor's Toole brothers share unique bond
- Sherwood's Steven Tosky signs with Hiram College
- Ga Tech’s Ted Roof visits Albany
- Deerfield-Windsor baseball sweeps past Westfield
- Americus-Sumter’s Juwan High and Dwight Harris sign scholarships
- Sherwood Christian's Key'yada Thomas signs letter-of-intent
- Westover's Antravious Parks wins state title in shot put
Outdoors in Southwest Georgia
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - May 23, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - May 16, 2015 weekend
- First peregrine falcon nest in 80 years in natural setting found in north Georgia state park
- HOW THEYRE BITIN: Southwest Georgia fishing - May 9, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - May 2, 2015 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: It's all about big, bad and pretty
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - April 25, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - April 18, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - April 11, 2015 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: Skeeters again are on the attack
- Darton golfers finish fourth at national tournament
- Darton golf remains fourth at national tournament
- Darton golfers fall to fourth after second round
- Darton second at national golf tournament after opening round
- Darton golfers ready for national tournament
- South Georgia ends Darton’s baseball season
- Chattanooga State beats Darton
- Sports Briefly
- Darton baseball rolls to GCAA Tournament title
- Darton rolls into conference finals