Injuries on offensive front have slowed the team
Wide receiver Julio Jones believes he can be available early against a lot of man-to-man coverage.
Braves will explore options in outfield
With Justin Upton and Jason Heyward eligible for free agency after next season, with B.J. Upton two years into a five-year, $75.25 million contract the Braves are desperate to shed, there’s a chance that at least one or even two of them could be moved this offseason.
Team has dropped dour straight games
The Falcons were hoping to turn things around in 2014, but a rash of injuries along the offensive line and a young an inexperienced defense is sabotaging their early-season efforts.
Falcons have to overcome numerous injuries on offensive front
Matt Ryan, who’s coming off his first losing season, and the Falcons are off to a 2-4 start as they prepare to face quarterback Joe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.
Cornerback drew four penalties last week against Giants
The player whose nickname is “Rocky” must master the art of aggressively covering bigger foes while staying within the rules.
The Falcons didn't add a player who is quick off the edge and whose primary purpose is to disrupt the quarterback
The Falcons (2-3) are in this predicament because their plan to generate a pass rush without a proven pass rusher in his prime has been a bust.
Falcons lose second straight
Atlanta, who came into the game averaging 32.8 points per game, the second-best mark in the NFL, has now been outscored 95-58 in its three losses this season.
Atlanta native played on two Super Bowl champion teams in N.Y.
Osi Umenyiora will return to the New York area to face his former teammates at 1 p.m. today at Met Life Stadium as the Falcons’ designated passer.
All-star returning after tearing right pectoral muscle last year
Al Horford will be limited during training camp, including being held out of contact drills, and will be brought along slowly in anticipation of being ready for opening night.
Joe Hawley and tackle Lamar Holmes placed on injured reserve
Safety William Moore was also placed on injured reserve with the designation to return tag.
Atlanta Braves hitting coach says 'huge disappoinment' would be an understatement when describing offense
Team hit a majors-worst .206 in September
Atlanta’s offense, under the direction of Greg Walker and assistant hitting coach Scott Fletcher, was dreadful much of the season and hitters were prone to double-digit strikeouts and countless wasted scoring opportunities.
Bridgewater steers Vikings to win over Falcons
Making his first start in the National Football League, chants of “Ted-dy, Ted-dy” from the more than 52,000 in attendance came almost every time Bridgewater stepped onto the field.
Braves jump out to early lead, hold on
Atlanta (79-83) sat in first place of the National League East on July 18, but staggered to the finish line, going a major-league-worst 7-18 in September to complete its first losing season since 2008.
Umenyiora had a quarterback hit and three hurries against Bucs
As the Atlanta Falcons’ designated pass rusher, Umenyiora didn’t record a sack in the last outing against Tampa Bay but he was active and led to others getting to the quarterback.
The Atlanta Falcons (2-1) face the Minnesote Vikings (1-2) at 4:25 p.m. Sunday at TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.
- Westover basketball teams earn sweep of Albany High
- PREP BASKETBALL ROUNDUP: Seminole County holds on against Early
- Monroe girls pound Crisp County
- Malik Dungee helps Albany High top Monroe
- PREP BASKETBALL ROUNDUP: Calhoun County tops Randolph-Clay in early-season Region 1-A battle
- Albany Herald People's Choice High School Football Player of the Year
- Albany High boys run away from Lee County
- HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL ROUNDUP: Tyree Crump helps Bainbridge top Westover
- Keyshawn Baker has been a welcome sight at Randolph-Clay
- Lee County’s Anna Jones signs with CSU
Outdoors in Southwest Georgia
- BOB KORNEGAY: A letter to Luther
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Dec. 12, 2014 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: I hate duck boats (and they hate me, too)
- Feral cats negatively affect wildlife
- Billy Hodges, Joel White earn spots in American Kennel Club/Eukanuba National Championship
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Dec. 5, 2014 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Nov. 28, 2014 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Nov. 22, 2014 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Nov. 15, 2014 weekend
- BOB KORNEGAY: For sale, one U-catch-It canoe
- ASU coach Mike White resigns
- Auburn football team again coping with death
- FSU's Rashad Greene named second-team All-American
- Slain Auburn player remembered by friends
- Who will be next year's candidates for the Heisman Trophy?
- LOCAL COLLEGE BASKETBALL NOTEBOOK: Albany Tech women improving
- Mel Kiper: Nick Marshall’s future in NFL is at defensive back
- Auburn football player Jakell Mitchell shot and killed; arrest made
- Georgia football aims for Top 10 finish
- Albany State’s Larry Bullock is leading the charge