Embattled general manager said he takes full responsibility for comments that led to his departure
The Atlanta Hawks announced the two parties parted ways after they agreed to a buyout of the six-year, $18 million deal that Danny Ferry signed as President and General Manager in 2012.
The FBI and Justice Department are in the midst of an investigation of St. Louis Cardinals team officials for what Major League Baseball termed as an illegal breach of the Houston Astros' baseball operations database
New York comes back to beat Atlanta 10-8
The Braves jumped out to leads of 5-1 and 8-3 against Mets right-hander Dillon Gee, but New York stormed back against Atlanta’s starter, right-hander Mike Foltynewicz, as well as right-hander Brandon Cunniff and left-hander Luis Avilan.
Kurt Busch was declared the race winner for the second time in 2015.
The Quicken Loans 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Michigan International Speedway on Sunday was interrupted by red-flag-inducing rain four different times and then shortened by 62 laps. When the race was deemed official by NASCAR, Kurt Busch was declared the race winner for the second time in 2015.
Wawrinka adds second major to his 2014 Australian Open title
Stan Wawrinka used his superb one-handed backhand to devastating effect, hitting flat groundstrokes that wore down the eight-times grand slam champion Novac Djokovic, who was looking to complete a career grand slam in Paris.
Gerrit Cole wins NL-leading ninth victory
Gerrit Cole allowed six hits, walked three and hit two batters, but the Braves were 0-for-7 with runners in scoring position against him.
Truex garners third career victory
Kevin Harvick finished second and Jimmie Johnson was third, despite suffering a flat tire while running third on lap 87.
Dodger ace Clayton Kershaw whiffs 10 Atlanta hitters in 8-0 shellacking at Los Angeles Tuesday night.
Cleveland closes the series against Atlanta out 4-0 after a 118-88 win Tuesday night
The Cavs swept the Hawks out of the Eastern Conference finals to put James into the Finals for the fifth consecutive season.
City Commission could approve contract by next Tuesday
City officials are working out details of a contract that would bring an X-League arena football team to Albany in 2016.
A roundup of sports stories from Georgia and the U.S.
Atlanta fell to Philly 5-4
Sunday the Phillies used a little small ball in the middle innings and capitalized on the opposing team’s fielding mistake, winning 5-4 against the Atlanta Braves.
Blockbuster comes on eve of Atlanta's season opener
In a blockbuster trade on the eve of Opening Day, the revamped San Diego Padres acquired closer Craig Kimbrel and outfielder Melvin Upton Jr. from the Atlanta Braves on Sunday. Atlanta received outfielders Carlos Quentin and Cameron Maybin and two minor-leaguers, right-handed pitcher Matt Wisler and outfielder Jordan Paroubeck.
Woods made the announcement Friday that he will play next week
Tiger Woods has been on hiatus since February, but feels he is ready for the Masters.
Top three starters are Julio Teheran, Alex Wood and Shelby Miller
Veterans Wandy Rodriguez and Eric Stults are competing for starting spots along with youngsters Mike Foltynewicz, Manny Banuelos and Cody Martin.
- Albany Herald Peoples Choice High School Football Player of the Week - Week 7
- Local teams compete at Westover invitational
- PREP FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Lee County will play host to No. 1 Colquitt County
- Deerfield-Windsor beats Brookwood for homecoming | PHOTOS
- Terrell County opens region play with win over Calhoun County
- PREP FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: Terrell Academy stomps Georgia Christian
- Lee County wins region opener against Tift County | PHOTOS
- Friday's High School Football Capsules
- Lee County opens region play with Tift County
- Westover Invitational Cross Country set for Saturday
Outdoors in Southwest Georgia
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Oct. 4, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Sept. 27, 2015 weekend
- Albany residents to participate on Float on the Flint
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - Sept. 20, 2015 weekend
- Website an autumn map to the changing color of leaves in Georgia
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - September 13, 2015 weekend
- Pecan City Pedalers to host Nut Roll on Saturday | PHOTOS
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - September 6, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEYRE BITIN: Southwest Georgia fishing - August 30, 2015 weekend
- HOW THEY'RE BITIN': Southwest Georgia fishing - August 15, 2015 weekend
- Georgia quarterbacks moving forward
- TOP 25 FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: Second-half rally sends Ohio State past Indiana
- Alabama Crimson Tide hammers Georgia Bulldogs | PHOTOS
- Second-half surge sends Albany State past Miles College
- North Carolina overcomes first-half deficit to stun Georgia Tech
- SEC FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: Peyton Barber paces Auburn to victory over San Jose State
- ACC FOOTBALL ROUNDUP: Defense helps FSU top Wake Forest
- Albany State looking to pick up steam in SIAC
- Georgia defense to be tested by Alabama
- Trent Thompson to start against Alabama