With a vote of 171-4, a proposal to allow for the use of medical marijuana in Georgia passes the state House of Representatives.
Delta Air Lines Inc said on Wednesday it would make a major change to its frequent-flier program, basing the number of miles earned toward free flights on how much customers spend rather than the distance traveled.
OUTLOOK 2014: The area's leaders of higher education to collaborate on improving learning in the region and stanching Dougherty County’s drop out rate.
Albany State, Darton State and Albany Tech to take aim at county’s drop out rate. Instututions of higher education want to improve learning in the region.
A female camera operator's assistant was killed Thursday and seven other people were injured when a train unexpectedly bore down on a crew doing camera tests for "Midnight Rider," the Greg Allman biopic shooting in Georgia.
The University of Mississippi wants to question three white male students who may have been involved in draping a noose and a Confederate flag over a statue of James Meredith, the African-American student who braved segregationist mobs to integrate the school in 1962.
An estimated 400,000 to 500,000 Georgians are left out of health care reform in Georgia, one organization contends
State officials say expanding Medicaid in Georgia would cost the state $400 million a year, while proponents of the expansion argue that new revenues from the expansion would reduce the cost to the state to $35 million a year.
Benefit plan covers 650,000 state employees, teachers, other school personnel, retirees and dependents
The group of activists placed apples on the desks of General Assembly members with “TRAGIC” printed on them. The crowd wore green to symbolize both money and illness.
Kevin Fretwell has agreed to be reassigned for the remainder of the term and will resign at the end of the school year
Kevin Fretwell told Dougherty County school officials that he provided copies of Westover High School student records to The Albany Herald, which led to an internal investigation by the superintendent’s office.
Architects with the new Atlanta Falcons stadium released more images of what the new facility will look like.
State officials urge caution and no discretionary travel before midday in impacted counties
The historic snow storm left more than a half-foot of snow and an inch of ice in some Georgia areas.
Tonight should be the last night of hazardous driving conditions in Atlanta area
Transportation and power company workers are attempting to get life back to normal for central and north Georgia residents.
No sleet or snow expected for Albany and surrounding area, but motorists could have to deal with patches of early morning ice
North Georgia will receive from an inch of snow below Atlanta to as much as 7 inches of snow in the northeast mountains, with eastward travel especially treacherous because of ice accumulations.
J. Mack Robinson’s business ventures included car sales, insurance, banking and fashion industries, died late Friday night. He was 90.
Eighty-eight counties are covered in the emergency declaration
Georgia officials try to get out in front of events as a second winter storm in two weeks bears down upon metro Atlanta.
Fort is seeking to replace John Barge, who is running for governor against Nathan Deal
State school chief hopeful Allen Fort brings campaign to Albany. Fort is seeking to replace John Barge, who is running for governor against Nathan Deal
- J. Mack Robinson remembered for kindness, humility
- Senate passes farm bill (VIDEO)
- Georgia's physician shortage limits patients' access to care
- Georgia's shrimping season a disaster
- Stratus alliance may become model for hospitals
- Small business owners slightly optimistic in November
- Georgia peanut crop experiencing good year
- Groups succeed in lowering hospital readmission rates
- Watermelon disease a double whammy for Georgia growers
- Gas prices rise as Thanksgiving nears
Read the latest national news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Georgia congressional delegation reacts to debt ceiling vote
- Affordable Care Act luncheon focuses on business impact
- Capitol lockdown is lifted
- Rep. Sanford Bishop issues statement in regard to shutdown
- Rep. Austin Scott wants to hold Congress' salaries during shutdown
- New delays hit Obamacare rollout before October 1 launch
- USDA aims to make school meals more tasty
- MLK's 'Dream' speech celebrated
- Manning, sentenced for disclosing military secrets, says he's female
- At tribute to Chambliss, a call for bipartisanship gone largely unanswered
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper