Albany Technical College students are getting a hands-on education working on two houses on Rosebrier Avenue.
Store to open Wednesday at 10 a.m.
A new store featuring sweet treats will open today in Albany at 10 a.m.
Click here for more.
Dougherty County's School Board approves a tentative FY 2014 budget that reduces staff furloughs from six to four days.
Barry O. Heape has been presented with the Moses C. Davis Professional of the Year Award by the Georgia Credit Union Affiliates.
A gay man will be allowed to order a vanity license plate that describes his sexual orientation, but Georgians' car tags must not refer to sex acts, weapons, drugs and much else under new rules issued by the state.
The college planted a Live Oak in the greenspace in front of the school's Nathaniel Cross Building.
The Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium offers a school-based incident Homeland Security course.
The college is gearing up for its spring commencement exercises Friday at the Albany Civic Center.
After public hearings, the Dougherty County School Board could approve its new budget on June 26.
Click on the story for more info.
Click here for more.
Click here for more
Global Partnership Schools Inc. is seeking damages from the district after alleging breach of contract.
Some U.S. religious leaders are cutting ties with the Boy Scouts of America, saying they will no longer permit local troops to meet at their churches in reaction to the group's decision to allow openly gay youth members.
- Police dog found dead inside handler's patrol car
- Judge 'seriously concerned' about cheating prosecution
- Boy, 7, wounded in shooting
- State Juvenile Justice Department suspends 20 over unresolved cases of sexual misconduct
- Homicide charge dropped against jaywalking mom
- Gunmen dressed as deputies sought in armed robbery
- Smallcakes hoping to savor the sweet life
- Clerk holds off would-be robber with scissors
- DOCO Credit Union CEO receives special accolade
- 'GAYPWR' coming to a license plate near you
- Actor James Gandolfini, star of ‘The Sopranos,’ dies in Italy
- Boston Poised To Begin Condom Giveaway In High Schools
- NSA Head Says U.S. Surveillance Thwarted More Than 50 Attacks
- Major Natural Gas Pipeline Explodes In Louisiana
- Rookie U.S. Teachers Woefully Unprepared, Report Says
- U.S. Supreme Court Strikes Down Arizona Voter Registration Law
- Supreme court hands pharmaceutical companies major loss
- Firefighters make headway against deadly Colorado blaze
- Does the new farm bill leave taxpayers on the lurch? Groups urge caution
- Four People Dead In Shooting In St. Louis
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper