An individual must have a driver's license to register to vote online
Online registration also be done with a state-issued ID from the Department of Driver Services, but not with the voter ID card available at election office.
Researchers say the sequence will aid in developing improved peanut varieties
Peanuts are a major row crop throughout the South and Southeast, with about half of U.S. peanuts produced in Georgia. They are crucial to the diets and livelihoods of millions of small farmers in Asia and Africa, many of whom are women.
Jere Morehead tells Tifton Rotary Club that service is the cornerstone of a UGA education
UGA President urges students to give back and serve their communities. Jere Morehead tells Tifton Rotary Club that service is the cornerstone of a UGA education
Sen. Freddie Powell Sims is appointed to state Child Welfare Reform Council
Lawmakers meet in Atlanta to bring awareness to the rise in the rate of autism.
The Roman Catholic Archbishop of Atlanta has apologized for building a $2.2 million mansion to use as his home, a move that made him the object of derision and complaint, and said he may sell it.
Two Albany icons -- one a former restaurant, the other a world-famous restaurateur -- top this weeks list.
These are the 10 most-viewed articles on albanyherald.com for the week of March 21-28, 2014.
In his latest book, former President Jimmy Carter turns his attention to the way in which women are treated.
Today is the final day for signing up for Obamacare
It will take several years before it can be determined whether the law accompished its mission.
Unemployment rate for Southwest Georgia region declines to 7.9 percent
Labor officials say Albany employers created 300 jobs and reduced the number of layoffs by 24.9 percent in February.
The governor says the state is in need of additional health professionals.
Deal, who is running for re-election this year, has staked out his opposition to the Affordable Care Act and to expanding the state’s Medicaid program. He has also supported changes to the health plan covering state employees and educators, following a wave of criticism that occurred after a new benefits framework debuted Jan. 1.
The Georgia senior senator will leave Congress in January after 20 years at Capitol Hill
Sen. Saxby Chambliss says he’s looking forward to spending more time with family and exploring post-Senate options, but first he has some work to finish in Congress.
The surprise inclusion of $678,990 will be used to fund HVAC improvements in Darton’s student center.
The Georgia General Assembly’s final FY2015 budget includes money for Darton State College. The surprise inclusion of $678,990 will be used to fund HVAC improvements in Darton’s student center.
No tobacco rule will go into effect on Oct. 1
Georgia Board of Regents votes to make state’s college campuses tobacco-free. No tobacco rule will go into effect on Oct. 1
The long-term solution to Russian aggression is increased natural gas exports by the United States, senator says
In invading Crimea, Russian President Vladimir Putin is demonstrating his KGB roots and “old school” mentality, U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss says.
The injunction hearing that was scheduled for Friday in U.S. District Court was added to Thursday’s agenda at the Sumter County Board of Education’s regular monthly meeting.
- Chick-fil-A’s new grilled recipe, entrée lineup set to “transform” menu
- Metro Albany jobless rate dips to 8 percent
- J. Mack Robinson remembered for kindness, humility
- Senate passes farm bill (VIDEO)
- Georgia's physician shortage limits patients' access to care
- Georgia's shrimping season a disaster
- Stratus alliance may become model for hospitals
- Small business owners slightly optimistic in November
- Georgia peanut crop experiencing good year
- Groups succeed in lowering hospital readmission rates
Read the latest national news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Georgia congressional delegation reacts to debt ceiling vote
- Affordable Care Act luncheon focuses on business impact
- Capitol lockdown is lifted
- Rep. Sanford Bishop issues statement in regard to shutdown
- Rep. Austin Scott wants to hold Congress' salaries during shutdown
- New delays hit Obamacare rollout before October 1 launch
- USDA aims to make school meals more tasty
- MLK's 'Dream' speech celebrated
- Manning, sentenced for disclosing military secrets, says he's female
- At tribute to Chambliss, a call for bipartisanship gone largely unanswered
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper