The Albany-Dougherty Economic Development Commission OKs a proposal from a firm that lines up business prospects.
The Albany-Dougherty Ec0nomic Development Commission OKs a proposal from a firm that lines up business prospects.
Students would remain at Dougherty Middle until Phase II renovations are complete at Dougherty High.
A battle over Bibles is brewing in Georgia, where the governor said on Wednesday the books should be allowed to be placed in the bedside table drawers at state-owned vacation properties after an atheist’s objection led to their removal.
The Dougherty School System makes 12 principal changes, with seven openings left to fill.
The marketing chief for Albany State University is stepping into the Ward II city commission race and will make his official announcement May 24.
U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss said on Monday that he plans to ask the CIA to declassify all e-mails surrounding the Benghazi, Libya, attacks in an attempt to make the investigation into last year's assault a national security issue and not a "political exercise."
A dozen Dougherty County public schools will have new principals when the doors open in August.
Mary Louise Daniels, 54, a longtime Dougherty School System substitute teacher, is believed to have been involved in two robbery attempts Friday.
An information session on the associate degree nursing program at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College will be held in the ABAC Health Sciences building at 4 p.m. Monday.
The State Bar of Georgia’s Committee to Promote Inclusion in the Profession has awarded the Commitment to Equality Award to former Albanian Kenneth B. Hodges III of Rafuse Hill & Hodges LLP in Atlanta.
On Monday, U.S. Rep. Sanford D. Bishop, (D-Ga.), will hold a ribbon cutting and open house to announce the opening of a new district office in Macon.
A teacher with the Lee County School System was jailed Wednesday by officers of the Albany-Dougherty County Drug Unit.
Georgia residents are near the top of the list for ID fraud.
Annette Bowling picked up both the 'Breaking Barriers' award and the overall top award by Nobis Works.
Jordan Denson, 16, passed the GED battery shortly after her parents took her out of the Dougherty County School System.
- ROUNDUP: 70-year-old woman accidentally shot on golf course
- STATE ROUNDUP: Hearing set in Brunswick infant killing 2 comments
- EDC agrees to letter of support for Phoebe 21 comments
- Chambliss seeks to declassify Benghazi e-mails 7 comments
- Albany airport gets FAA reprieve 7 comments
- Online sales taxes about 'fairness,' Georgia Chamber head says 11 comments
- ROUNDUP: Riverwalk mugging victims still hospitalized; no arrests 3 comments
- U.S. Job Growth Beats Expectations In April 1 comment
- Flooring firm to bring 2,400 jobs to Georgia
- STATE ROUNDUP: Woman killed by street sweeper in Macon
- Man snares record long Burmese python 3 comments
- Monster tornado devastates Oklahoma town; death toll rises 2 comments
- Supreme Court to hear prayer case 4 comments
- Judge Blocks Arkansas Law Banning Abortions After 12 Weeks
- U.S. Treasury To Free Up $260 Bln To Avoid Debt Cap
- Political Storm Over IRS Targeting Scandal Shifts To U.S. Congress 4 comments
- U.S. Senate panel approves farm bill that expands crop insurance
- Accused Cleveland Kidnapper to enter plea 12 comments
- U.S. Attorney General Holder Recused Himself From Media Subpoena 5 comments
- VIDEO: Astronaut does cover of Bowie's 'Space Oddity' from space
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper