The GWC cites pumps, dams, diversions and state water policy which are cutting into the river's flow, creating a man-made drought
For the third straight year, the Flint River has been named to the Georgia Water Coalition Dirty Dozen of endangered state water recources.
The steady drumbeat of consolidation continues as the Georgia Board of Regents approves Southern Poly-Kennesaw State merger.
The Affordable Care Act requires that mental health coverage not be more restrictive than general medical care
The federal government has released rules on insurance parity between mental health/substance abuse benefits and general medical care benefits.
Sandra Deal is an advocate for volunteer work, children and families
Lily Pad, which provides services to families and children victimized by sexual assault and abuse, gets most of its funding through grants.
Dan Cathy is taking the reins as the restaurant chains CEO
Among the issues Dan Cathy will tackle is strategic international expansion of Chick-fil-A.
Two Georgia Democrats are hoping to carry on their families' political legacies
The big-name candidacies mean the lesser-known rivals will struggle even more for attention and funds.
The funding was part of $150 million nationwide under the Affordable Care Act
A Blakely medical organization is receiving more than $190,000 to expand care in Southwest Georgia.
Truett Cathy, who created the boneless chicken sandwich, is retiring from Chick-fil-A.
Democratic State Senator Jason Carter, the grandson of former President Jimmy Carter, will run to challenge Republican Gov. Nathan Deal in next fall's election.
Georgia's C grade is best in six years
Georgia lowered its preterm birth rate to 12.7 percent from 13.2 percent, according to the March of Dimes 2013 Premature Birth Report Card.
A Georgia man who pleaded no contest to felony charges in Florida is not entitled to gun carry permit
A Quitman County probate judge is upheld in his denial of a gun carry permit to a Georgia man who pleaded nolo contendre to felony weapons charges in Florida nearly 20 years ago.
President Obama and others have attempted to delay the DSH payment cuts until 2015.
The Affordable Care Act was written to expand access to care, but funding cuts may cause a reverse effect instead, the CEO of Grady Memorial Hospital says.
The Dougherty School System investigates every bullying report
Georgia was the first state to adopt an anti-bullying law, in 1999.
Hudgens: Georgia insurance department has little impact
Two months ago, state Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens appeared at a GOP event in Rome and made a statement that went viral in Georgia political circles.
A proposed natural gas pipeline through Dougherty County could distribute a billion cubic feet of gas daily
A grassroots group is fighting to stop construction of a natural gas pipeline in Alabama, Georgia and Florida that is planned to pass through Dougherty County.
- Georgia peanut crop experiencing good year
- Groups succeed in lowering hospital readmission rates
- Watermelon disease a double whammy for Georgia growers
- Gas prices rise as Thanksgiving nears
- Unemployment rate decreases in Georgia
- Georgia peanut yields higher than expected
- Stakeholders, officials discuss proposed natural gas pipeline
- Younger Cathy faces new issues at Chick-fil-A
- Truett Cathy steps down at Chick-fil-A
- Grady Memorial Hospital takes hit from Affordable Care Act
Read the latest national news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Georgia congressional delegation reacts to debt ceiling vote
- Affordable Care Act luncheon focuses on business impact
- Capitol lockdown is lifted
- Rep. Sanford Bishop issues statement in regard to shutdown
- Rep. Austin Scott wants to hold Congress' salaries during shutdown
- New delays hit Obamacare rollout before October 1 launch
- USDA aims to make school meals more tasty
- MLK's 'Dream' speech celebrated
- Manning, sentenced for disclosing military secrets, says he's female
- At tribute to Chambliss, a call for bipartisanship gone largely unanswered
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper