Annette Bowling picked up both the 'Breaking Barriers' award and the overall top award by Nobis Works.
Jordan Denson, 16, passed the GED battery shortly after her parents took her out of the Dougherty County School System.
Civic club celebrates 32 years of recognizing the talents of local art students.
Advocates for the Southwest Georgia Regional Airport breath a sigh of temporary relief with news of a tower closing delay.
Sandra Deal is on a whirlwind tour of the state to promote literacy with “Read Across Georgia.”
Despite the challenges, Georgia is poised for growth most analysts say, Chamber CEO says.
Gov. Nathan Deal on Tuesday vetoed bills that would have abolished the Heart of Georgia Airport Authority and remade the Dodge County-Eastman Development Authority after the heads of both bodies accused the bills' sponsor of abusing his office.
Chris Clark says rules should be enforced evenly for all Georgia businesses.
Heavy weekend rain sent E. coli levels soaring in the Chattahoochee River, prompting officials to advise people to stay out of the river.
Gov. Nathan Deal on Monday signed an ethics overhaul into law that imposes Georgia’s first-ever limitations on gifts to public officials after months of legislative wrangling over how far the new rules should go.
The event will be held Friday night at 6:30 at the Cavalier Arena.
Here's some good news from the Dougherty County School System.
THESE ARE THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM AROUND THE STATE.
Commencements for Sherwood and Terrell Academy will start a long parade of high school graduations.
Keynote speaker Lezli Baskerville encourages new graduates to “follow your inner path” to success and happiness.
- Southwestern State Hospital to close Dec. 31 3 comments
- ROUNDUP: 70-year-old woman accidentally shot on golf course
- STATE ROUNDUP: Hearing set in Brunswick infant killing 2 comments
- EDC agrees to letter of support for Phoebe 21 comments
- Chambliss seeks to declassify Benghazi e-mails 7 comments
- Albany airport gets FAA reprieve 7 comments
- Online sales taxes about 'fairness,' Georgia Chamber head says 11 comments
- ROUNDUP: Riverwalk mugging victims still hospitalized; no arrests 3 comments
- U.S. Job Growth Beats Expectations In April 1 comment
- Flooring firm to bring 2,400 jobs to Georgia
- Bishop urges reconsideration of postal centers 16 comments
- Man snares record long Burmese python 3 comments
- Monster tornado devastates Oklahoma town; death toll rises 2 comments
- Supreme Court to hear prayer case 4 comments
- Judge Blocks Arkansas Law Banning Abortions After 12 Weeks
- U.S. Treasury To Free Up $260 Bln To Avoid Debt Cap
- Political Storm Over IRS Targeting Scandal Shifts To U.S. Congress 4 comments
- U.S. Senate panel approves farm bill that expands crop insurance
- Accused Cleveland Kidnapper to enter plea 12 comments
- U.S. Attorney General Holder Recused Himself From Media Subpoena 5 comments
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper