Henry, who spent 20 years as DWS headmaster, to fill District 2's vacant seat on state BOE
Former Deerfield-Windsor Headmaster W.T. Henry named to state school board
Congressman Sanford Bishop listed among more than 80 Notable Georgians
Georgia Trend Magazine names Phoebe Putney Health System President and CEO Joel Wernick to list of 100 Most Influential Georgians.
Works of Dr. Vincent Keesee featured
Keesee now spends part of his time in West Point, Va., when he is not painting in his studio in Tifton.
Mercedes-Benz will move its U.S. headquarters to Atlanta from northern New Jersey, affecting about 1,000 employees.
Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, Rascal Flatts, The Band Perry, Dwight Yoakam, Jason Isbell, Old Crow Medicine Show and over a dozen other country music artists will perform on three stages during the two-day festival.
Albany is the lone georgia metro area averaging less than $2 a gallon
ALBANY — With gas averaging less than $2 a gallon in metro Albany, record-high oil production should keep the relative bargain at the pump going this year, gas price experts say.
Hodges will open an Atlanta office for Flynn+Peeler+Phillips firm
Though he will remain in Atlanta, former Dougherty County district attorney Ken Hodges returns to his roots by joining an Albany-based law firm.
Research will focus on whether patients who need strong painkillers are adversely affected
As states crack down on abuse of prescription narcotic painkillers, University of Georgia researchers are looking to see whether patients with legitimate needs for the powerful pain medications are being adversely affected.
Rivers groups and business/government officials are on opposite sides of environmental law case
Grady County officials want to construct a 960-acres fishing lake, but the project is being held up over legal wrangling regarding state requirements for a buffer zone. The Georgia Supreme Court will listen to agruments Monday.
R&B showcase just one of regional entertainment events already set for 2015
Albany officials are already making good on their promise to utilize the Albany Civic Center more.
New Year's Day shootings include Peachtree police chief wounding his wife and an Atlanta woman hit with a bullet that came through her ceiling.
Storms hit Valdosta
Four people are injured Monday in storms that hit Lowndes County.
Gwinnett Medical Center provides full-time trainers to the Gwinnett County high schools
The partnership between Gwinnett Medical Center and Gwinnett County Public Schools that its leaders call the most comprehensive in Georgia in tackling concussions and other sports injuries.
Falcons dismiss head coach Mike Smith
Univerity of Georgia Economic Outlook series coming to Albany in February
The University of Georgia (UGA) will host its annual economic forum in Albany as part of the university’s yearly economic outlook series, which is presented in cities throughout the state.
- Georgia given poor grades in fight against smoking
- Business Portfolio - Jan. 25, 2015
- Joel Wernick named to Georgia Trends Magazine's 100 Most Influential list
- Heritage, four other area businesses named to Georgia Trend's Top 100 public businesses
- Georgia unemployment rate up from July
- Metro Albany again leads state in lowest gas prices
- Time of change — and crisis — in the hospital world
- Georgia DOT suspends roadwork for sales tax holiday
- Georgia back-to-school sales tax-free weekend starts Friday
- Georgia Business Briefs - July 29, 2014
Read the latest national news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Keurig recalls more than 7 million brewing machines
- Facebook's privacy update: 5 things to know
- First U.S. Ebola case confirmed
- Eric Holder leaving U.S. attorney general post
- U2 releases new album for free on iTunes
- 'All clear' at U.S. Army's Fort Lee in Virginia after report of shooter
- U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss urges White House to declassify info on exchanged Gitmo prisoners | VIDEO & POLL
- U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop concerned over potential impact of new carbon emission rules
- Florida commuter accused of shutting down motorists' cell phones
- Two inmates killed, 100-150 inmates and guards hurt in North Florida jail explosion
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper