Eighty-eight counties are covered in the emergency declaration
Georgia officials try to get out in front of events as a second winter storm in two weeks bears down upon metro Atlanta.
Fort is seeking to replace John Barge, who is running for governor against Nathan Deal
State school chief hopeful Allen Fort brings campaign to Albany. Fort is seeking to replace John Barge, who is running for governor against Nathan Deal
The 12-county Southwest Georgia region is the nation’s second most expensive online marketplace created by the Affordable Care Act.
The Senate action sends the bill to the president for his signature
Both of Georgia’s U.S. senators support passage of a new, five-year farm bill.
Southwest Georgia congressional delegation mixed on reactions to State of the Union address (VIDEOS)
Republicans are critical of President Obama for what they see as job-killing policies
U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop has a positive reaction to the president’s speech, while U.S. Rep. Austin Scott is critical, as are Georgia’s two U.S. senators.
The legislation will now be considered by the Senate
Nutrition programs that some House lawmakers wanted removed from the farm legislation survive the compromise process.
The action Monday by the Department of Community Health followed complaints from employees covered by the plan
The adjustment made Monday will replace a percentage of costs of health service borne by employees with a co-pay system for medical services and prescription drugs.
State employees and teachers hope for expanded health care options in 2015
A major critcism of the state health plan is that it has only one insurer Blue Cross and Blue Shield of G — eorgia.
Lawmakers say the focus on the legislation is to protect Second Amendment rights.
Savannah Repblican says he never intended to get rid of congressional franking.
The prevalence of Alzheimers and other dementia forms would be tracked under the proposed legislation
The number of Georgians living with Alzheimer’s disease is expected to jump 33 percent in 11 years, from 120,000 people today to 160,000 in 2025.
A fatal blaze in Donalsonville is ruled to have been accidental
A roundup of articles from around the state of Georgia.
Medical school dean addresses Dougherty Rotary Club on progress of medical education
The Medical College of Georgia has several clinical campuses throughout the state, including one based at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in Albany.
Advice given on how to protect against the tiny inspect
There are more than 7,000 species of thrips, but only two cause problems for Georgia farmers and UGA researchers — tobacco thrips and western flower thrips.
Charles Warbington remembers it like it was yesterday. His dad, Alfred, told him if he stayed away from smoking and drinking, he would buy Charles a brand-new 1957 Chevrolet.
- Chick-fil-A’s new grilled recipe, entrée lineup set to “transform” menu
- Metro Albany jobless rate dips to 8 percent
- J. Mack Robinson remembered for kindness, humility
- Senate passes farm bill (VIDEO)
- Georgia's physician shortage limits patients' access to care
- Georgia's shrimping season a disaster
- Stratus alliance may become model for hospitals
- Small business owners slightly optimistic in November
- Georgia peanut crop experiencing good year
- Groups succeed in lowering hospital readmission rates
Read the latest national news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Georgia congressional delegation reacts to debt ceiling vote
- Affordable Care Act luncheon focuses on business impact
- Capitol lockdown is lifted
- Rep. Sanford Bishop issues statement in regard to shutdown
- Rep. Austin Scott wants to hold Congress' salaries during shutdown
- New delays hit Obamacare rollout before October 1 launch
- USDA aims to make school meals more tasty
- MLK's 'Dream' speech celebrated
- Manning, sentenced for disclosing military secrets, says he's female
- At tribute to Chambliss, a call for bipartisanship gone largely unanswered
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper