Keynote speaker Lezli Baskerville encourages new graduates to “follow your inner path” to success and happiness.
Former Albany Mayor Tommy Coleman urges new Darton State College graduates to take risks in their lives.
Slightly less than 3,000 schoolchildren attended the Flint RiverQuarium in April.
U.S. employment rose more than expected in April, pushing the unemployment rate to a four-year low of 7.5 percent, which could help ease concerns of a sharp slowdown in the economy.
Find this story and other news, sports and features items at www.albanyherald.com.
Albany Technical College drafting students present North American exhibit expansion plans to Chehaw Park officials.
The Dougherty County District Attorney says it's time to get serious about absenteeism.
Abbie Hutchins of Deerfield-Windsor School will have a piece of her artwork displayed in Washington, D.C.
Albany Early College teacher Robert Copeland is sent home after “violating ethical and professional standards.”
A Darton State College psychology student is among just 52 students to receive a national honor.
Engineered Floors will open two new carpet plants that would employ 2,400 people in recession-battered northwest Georgia, Gov. Nathan Deal said on Wednesday.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said on Tuesday it would allow the Plan B One-Step contraceptive to be sold without a prescription to girls as young as 15 years of age.
Sherwood Elementary students will perform “Jungle Book Kids” at the school’s secondary campus, 1418 Old Pretoria Road, on Friday and Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
Lee County High School will perform its third annual Bard-in-the-’Burg event with the “Twelfth Night” to celebrate William Shakespeare. The play is one of the most popular romantic comedies by Shakespeare.
Weekend college commencement ceremonies mark the beginning of a month filled with graduation ceremonies.
- Southwestern State Hospital to close Dec. 31 3 comments
- ROUNDUP: 70-year-old woman accidentally shot on golf course
- STATE ROUNDUP: Hearing set in Brunswick infant killing 2 comments
- EDC agrees to letter of support for Phoebe 21 comments
- Chambliss seeks to declassify Benghazi e-mails 7 comments
- Albany airport gets FAA reprieve 7 comments
- Online sales taxes about 'fairness,' Georgia Chamber head says 11 comments
- ROUNDUP: Riverwalk mugging victims still hospitalized; no arrests 3 comments
- U.S. Job Growth Beats Expectations In April 1 comment
- Flooring firm to bring 2,400 jobs to Georgia
- Bishop urges reconsideration of postal centers 16 comments
- Man snares record long Burmese python 3 comments
- Monster tornado devastates Oklahoma town; death toll rises 2 comments
- Supreme Court to hear prayer case 4 comments
- Judge Blocks Arkansas Law Banning Abortions After 12 Weeks
- U.S. Treasury To Free Up $260 Bln To Avoid Debt Cap
- Political Storm Over IRS Targeting Scandal Shifts To U.S. Congress 5 comments
- U.S. Senate panel approves farm bill that expands crop insurance
- Accused Cleveland Kidnapper to enter plea 12 comments
- U.S. Attorney General Holder Recused Himself From Media Subpoena 5 comments
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper