Sony Pictures cleared the way on Tuesday for release of "The Interview" in some U.S. theaters on Christmas Day, less than a week after pulling the movie following a devastating cyberattack that has been blamed on North Korea.
Coca-Cola Co plans to cut 1,000-2,000 jobs globally in the coming weeks, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Lawyer says Killen's role as organizer made him guilty
Testimony read in court showed Killen ordered fellow Klansmen to attack Schwerner, Chaney and Goodman and then went to a funeral home to create an alibi for himself.
Saxby Chambliss plans to practice law in metro Atlanta
Chambliss and his wife, Julianne, will be relocating from Moultrie to Atlanta where he will joining an as yet to be named law firm
Up to 6 inches of rain expected; tornadoes possible
ALBANY — The weather may well be frightening Tuesday and into the early part of Christmas Eve, but not in the way suggested by the popular Christmas carol.
Biggest cuts come at two hospital systems in Columbus
The two Columbus companies have cut about 300 positions.
Medical grants being made available to Georgia children through UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
Qualifying families can receive grants for medical expenses not covered by medical plan
Qualifying families can receive up to $5,000 per grant with a lifetime maximum of $10,000 per child to help pay for medical services and equipment such as physical, occupational and speech therapy, counseling services, surgeries, prescriptions, wheelchairs, orthotics, eyeglasses and hearing aids, officials say.
Here is how Georgia’s congressional delegation voted for the seven ending Dec. 18.
Drivers urged to prepare for holiday driving
The Governor’s Office of Highway Safety gives holiday driving tips.
Georgia adds 23,400 new jobs in November
State officials say the new rate represents what they call a significant drop. It is the largest monthly rate decline seen in Georgia since 1976, state Labor Commissioner Mark Butler said.
Final drawing for Monopoly Millionaires Club will be night of Dec. 26
Sales for the Monopoly Millionaires’ Club game that started in mid-October have not met expectations and will be discontinued in the current format on Dec. 26, Georgia Lottery Corp. officials say.
Southern states rank near bottom
The report says Georgia has strengths that include a low prevalence of binge drinking; a low rate of drug deaths; and a low occupational fatality rate.
Region sees significantly lower premiums
The Albany area of southwest Georgia will have a 23 percent drop for the second-lowest silver plan, according to Bill Custer, a health insurance expert at Georgia State University.
Suspect accused in death of man at shopping center
A man already accused of gunning down two homeless men in their sleep and fatally shooting a hairstylist as she walked to her car now faces charges in the death of a fourth person.
Group threatened to file lawsuit
The Kennesaw City Council has unanimously approved a permit for a mosque in a strip mall, reversing an earlier decision to reject it.
- Georgia given poor grades in fight against smoking
- Business Portfolio - Jan. 25, 2015
- Joel Wernick named to Georgia Trends Magazine's 100 Most Influential list
- Heritage, four other area businesses named to Georgia Trend's Top 100 public businesses
- Georgia unemployment rate up from July
- Metro Albany again leads state in lowest gas prices
- Time of change — and crisis — in the hospital world
- Georgia DOT suspends roadwork for sales tax holiday
- Georgia back-to-school sales tax-free weekend starts Friday
- Georgia Business Briefs - July 29, 2014
Read the latest national news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Keurig recalls more than 7 million brewing machines
- Facebook's privacy update: 5 things to know
- First U.S. Ebola case confirmed
- Eric Holder leaving U.S. attorney general post
- U2 releases new album for free on iTunes
- 'All clear' at U.S. Army's Fort Lee in Virginia after report of shooter
- U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss urges White House to declassify info on exchanged Gitmo prisoners | VIDEO & POLL
- U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop concerned over potential impact of new carbon emission rules
- Florida commuter accused of shutting down motorists' cell phones
- Two inmates killed, 100-150 inmates and guards hurt in North Florida jail explosion
- BLOG: Despite lack of skilled manufacturing in U.S., Apple to make new Mac line here
- Sometimes a picture says it all ... 3 comments
- Is the city set to kill the multimodal project? 1 comment
- EPA releases interactive polluter map
- Wealth gap growing between Congressmen and constituents? Not in SOWEGA, at least not on paper