Stepping up their vigilance against Ebola, federal authorities said Wednesday that everyone traveling into the U.S. from Ebola-stricken nations will be monitored for symptoms for 21 days.
The United States and partner nations are carrying out the first air strikes against Islamic State targets in Syria, the Pentagon said on Monday, in ongoing operations that mark the opening of a new, far more complicated front in a battle against the militants.
Britain's Prince William, grandson of Queen Elizabeth, and his wife Kate are expecting their second baby, Buckingham Palace said on Monday.
Dozens of bodies were scattered around the smouldering wreckage of a passenger jet that crashed in a field in eastern Ukraine.
President Barack Obama paid tribute on Friday to U.S. veterans who 70 years ago stormed the beaches of northern France.
Almost 300 people were missing after a ferry capsized off South Korea on Wednesday, despite frantic rescue efforts involving coastguard vessels, fishing boats and helicopters, in what could be the country's biggest maritime disaster in over 20 years.
Russia's Winter Olympics got underway on Friday with a grandiose opening ceremony watched by President Vladimir Putin, who will be keen to calm fears of militant attacks and move on from a row over gay rights that has marred the buildup to the Games.
British authorities forced the Guardian newspaper to destroy material leaked by Edward Snowden, its editor has revealed, calling it a "pointless" move that would not prevent further reporting on U.S. and British surveillance programs.
The State Department warns U.S. citizens not to travel to Pakistan.
The infant will be known as "His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge."
Oddsmakers say George is the favorite for name of the baby who is third in line to the British royal throne.
Bookmakers in England say the favorites for the boy's name are James and George.
The U.S. launches a program for Afghan women.
Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has died from a stroke at age 87.
The Catholic Church has chosen its new pope after white smoke was seen billowing from the chimney of the Sistine Chapel.
Read the latest national news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Keurig recalls more than 7 million brewing machines
- Facebook's privacy update: 5 things to know
- First U.S. Ebola case confirmed
- Eric Holder leaving U.S. attorney general post
- U2 releases new album for free on iTunes
- 'All clear' at U.S. Army's Fort Lee in Virginia after report of shooter
- U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss urges White House to declassify info on exchanged Gitmo prisoners | VIDEO & POLL
- U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop concerned over potential impact of new carbon emission rules
- Florida commuter accused of shutting down motorists' cell phones
- Two inmates killed, 100-150 inmates and guards hurt in North Florida jail explosion
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Changes under way at Grand Island Golf Club in Lee County
- Utility initiatives adding to Albany's bottom line
- Hugh Mills Stadium upgrade to include artificial turf
- Dougherty County commissioners to take closer look at drug fund usage
- Dougherty County Commission to consider greenspace master plan
- Albany and Dougherty County Police/Fire/EMS reports: Feb. 21-23, 2015
- Albany Area Chamber of Commerce delegation to visit Georgia Capitol
- Dougherty County leaders plan for employee pay raises
- Albany leaders have one eye on 2015, the other on 2018
- Albany officials ready to tackle downtown
Read the latest Georgia news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Georgia Hospital Association CMO Doug Patten says soaring health care costs must be brought under control
- Gov. Deal orders noon Wednesday closings in winter storm warning counties
- Senators from Georgia blast pipeline veto
- Southwest Georgia farmer speaks to U.S. Senate ag committee | VIDEO
- Rural health panel offers plan to cut ER use
- Daily gas pump average price increases reach four full weeks
- Will your hospital change hands?
- Plant-based diet, exercise needed to protect heart health
- Dick Stevens discusses role as Corrections Department investigator
- Port of Savannah quickly becoming East Coast's leading port | VIDEO