Stepping up their vigilance against Ebola, federal authorities said Wednesday that everyone traveling into the U.S. from Ebola-stricken nations will be monitored for symptoms for 21 days.
The United States and partner nations are carrying out the first air strikes against Islamic State targets in Syria, the Pentagon said on Monday, in ongoing operations that mark the opening of a new, far more complicated front in a battle against the militants.
Britain's Prince William, grandson of Queen Elizabeth, and his wife Kate are expecting their second baby, Buckingham Palace said on Monday.
Dozens of bodies were scattered around the smouldering wreckage of a passenger jet that crashed in a field in eastern Ukraine.
President Barack Obama paid tribute on Friday to U.S. veterans who 70 years ago stormed the beaches of northern France.
Almost 300 people were missing after a ferry capsized off South Korea on Wednesday, despite frantic rescue efforts involving coastguard vessels, fishing boats and helicopters, in what could be the country's biggest maritime disaster in over 20 years.
Russia's Winter Olympics got underway on Friday with a grandiose opening ceremony watched by President Vladimir Putin, who will be keen to calm fears of militant attacks and move on from a row over gay rights that has marred the buildup to the Games.
British authorities forced the Guardian newspaper to destroy material leaked by Edward Snowden, its editor has revealed, calling it a "pointless" move that would not prevent further reporting on U.S. and British surveillance programs.
The State Department warns U.S. citizens not to travel to Pakistan.
The infant will be known as "His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge."
Oddsmakers say George is the favorite for name of the baby who is third in line to the British royal throne.
Bookmakers in England say the favorites for the boy's name are James and George.
The U.S. launches a program for Afghan women.
Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has died from a stroke at age 87.
The Catholic Church has chosen its new pope after white smoke was seen billowing from the chimney of the Sistine Chapel.
Read the latest national news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Facebook's privacy update: 5 things to know
- First U.S. Ebola case confirmed
- Eric Holder leaving U.S. attorney general post
- U2 releases new album for free on iTunes
- 'All clear' at U.S. Army's Fort Lee in Virginia after report of shooter
- U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss urges White House to declassify info on exchanged Gitmo prisoners | VIDEO & POLL
- U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop concerned over potential impact of new carbon emission rules
- Florida commuter accused of shutting down motorists' cell phones
- Two inmates killed, 100-150 inmates and guards hurt in North Florida jail explosion
- Georgia congressional delegation reacts to debt ceiling vote
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- EDC's Strickland: We have great projects in the pipeline
- Albany City Commission approves first step of incentive plan
- Jeff Sinyard, Jack Stone honored during farewell gathering
- Dougherty County Commission OKs $5,000 reboot of student awareness program
- PART II: Sinyard has been linchpin of local politics
- PART I: Dougherty Commission Chair Jeff Sinyard set to end 30 years of public service
- Marine Corps Logistics Base Albany Youth and Teen Center closing Dec. 23
- Albany officials vote to loan WG&L $3.5 million from Deal-Closing Fund
- Lee County commissioners approve road resurfacing contract
- Albany City Commission moves proposed charter change forward
Read the latest Georgia news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Georgia jobless rate drops to 7.2 percent
- Lottery officials laying off Mr. Monopoly the day after Christmas
- Georgia, South still low in health rankings
- Even in Southwest Georgia, more sign up for Affordable Care Act coverage
- Homeless slayings suspect accused of fourth killing
- Kennesaw approves plans for mosque
- With oil down by half, what it means for you
- Google releases Georgia's top searches for 2014
- Ebola, celebrity deaths tops for 2014 web searches in Georgia
- Physicians with spotty records hired to treat Georgia inmates