Stepping up their vigilance against Ebola, federal authorities said Wednesday that everyone traveling into the U.S. from Ebola-stricken nations will be monitored for symptoms for 21 days.
The United States and partner nations are carrying out the first air strikes against Islamic State targets in Syria, the Pentagon said on Monday, in ongoing operations that mark the opening of a new, far more complicated front in a battle against the militants.
Britain's Prince William, grandson of Queen Elizabeth, and his wife Kate are expecting their second baby, Buckingham Palace said on Monday.
Dozens of bodies were scattered around the smouldering wreckage of a passenger jet that crashed in a field in eastern Ukraine.
President Barack Obama paid tribute on Friday to U.S. veterans who 70 years ago stormed the beaches of northern France.
Almost 300 people were missing after a ferry capsized off South Korea on Wednesday, despite frantic rescue efforts involving coastguard vessels, fishing boats and helicopters, in what could be the country's biggest maritime disaster in over 20 years.
Russia's Winter Olympics got underway on Friday with a grandiose opening ceremony watched by President Vladimir Putin, who will be keen to calm fears of militant attacks and move on from a row over gay rights that has marred the buildup to the Games.
British authorities forced the Guardian newspaper to destroy material leaked by Edward Snowden, its editor has revealed, calling it a "pointless" move that would not prevent further reporting on U.S. and British surveillance programs.
The State Department warns U.S. citizens not to travel to Pakistan.
The infant will be known as "His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge."
Oddsmakers say George is the favorite for name of the baby who is third in line to the British royal throne.
Bookmakers in England say the favorites for the boy's name are James and George.
The U.S. launches a program for Afghan women.
Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has died from a stroke at age 87.
The Catholic Church has chosen its new pope after white smoke was seen billowing from the chimney of the Sistine Chapel.
Read the latest national news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Man accused of killing nine at South Carolina church captured
- Keurig recalls more than 7 million brewing machines
- Facebook's privacy update: 5 things to know
- First U.S. Ebola case confirmed
- Eric Holder leaving U.S. attorney general post
- U2 releases new album for free on iTunes
- 'All clear' at U.S. Army's Fort Lee in Virginia after report of shooter
- U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss urges White House to declassify info on exchanged Gitmo prisoners | VIDEO & POLL
- U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop concerned over potential impact of new carbon emission rules
- Florida commuter accused of shutting down motorists' cell phones
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- EDC report shows significant growth
- Ewell Lyle calls out fellow Dougherty commissioner over Walmart flap
- Wal-Mart officials delay meeting with Dougherty County Commission
- Sharon Subadan: We're not leaving SGRITA high and dry
- Albany city commissioners divided on charter change, speed humps
- Albany Police Chief Michael Persley: Confederate flag supporters have First Amendment right
- Albany city commissioners OK funds for downtown development
- Albany votes to withdraw from South Georgia Regional Information Technology Authority
- Albany-Dougherty Aviation Board members verbally clash at meeting
- Albany Mayor Dorothy Hubbard touts balanced budget, new revenue sources for city
Read the latest Georgia news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- U.S. Senate to vote on Planned Parenthood funding
- Jeff Sinyard named to Georgia REACH scholarship Board
- Kroger recalls four seasonings due to possible health risk
- Chewbacca actor, 'Star Trek' actress among stars heading to Dragon Con
- VA hospital manager in Augusta ordered jailed
- Georgia Briefly
- Report: Atlanta's craft brewery SweetWater prepares for IPO
- Georgia's Spelman College ends professorship tied to Bill Cosby
- Georgia congressional delegation votes
- Black students seeing largest increase in student loan borrowing