Egypt’s Hosni Mubarak was being kept alive by life support after the 84-year-old ousted leader suffered a stroke in prison Tuesday, officials said, deepening the country’s uncertainty just as a potentially explosive fight opened over who will succeed him, with both candidates claiming to have won last weekend’s presidential election.
A wave of car bombs struck Shiite pilgrims in several cities across Iraq on Wednesday in one of the deadliest attacks since U.S. troops withdrew from the country.
The Supreme Court on Monday declined to take a new look at the rights of prisoners held at the Guantanamo Bay.
The Taliban struck back less than two hours after President Barack Obama left Afghanistan on Wednesday.
A Pakistani passenger jet with 127 people on board crashed Friday as it was landing in bad weather.
This week's sessions are meant to stitch together U.S. and NATO agreements on the pace of U.S. and allied combat withdrawal next year.
The rocket splintered shortly after launch.
Defying international concerns, North Korea fired a long-range rocket early Friday, but it appears to have fallen into the sea, splintering moments after takeoff, South Korean and U.S. officials said.
President Barack Obama warned North Korea and Iran on Monday that their options are few and their friends fewer.
Two of the attacks Tuesday hit right outside the Green Zone where the Arab summit will be held.
The Taliban vowed revenge Monday for an "inhumane attack" in which an American soldier allegedly shot to death 16 civilians.
A series of attacks in Iraq territory killed at least 50 people on Thursday.
Iran began loading domestically made nuclear fuel rods into its Tehran research reactor on Wednesday.
The Carter Center on Monday announced it received $40 million in donations.
Work was suspended Wednesday on the Italian cruise liner Costa Concordia after the wreckage shifted.
Five more bodies were found Tuesday from a crippled cruise ship, and a shocking audio emerged in which the ship's captain was heard making excuses as an Italian coast guard officer repeatedly ordered him to return and oversee his ship's chaotic evacuation.
Read the latest national news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- U2 releases new album for free on iTunes
- 'All clear' at U.S. Army's Fort Lee in Virginia after report of shooter
- U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss urges White House to declassify info on exchanged Gitmo prisoners | VIDEO & POLL
- U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop concerned over potential impact of new carbon emission rules
- Florida commuter accused of shutting down motorists' cell phones
- Two inmates killed, 100-150 inmates and guards hurt in North Florida jail explosion
- Georgia congressional delegation reacts to debt ceiling vote
- Affordable Care Act luncheon focuses on business impact
- Capitol lockdown is lifted
- Rep. Sanford Bishop issues statement in regard to shutdown
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- Dougherty Commission OKs installations at P&G biomass plant
- Dougherty County Commission looks at noise ordinance proposal
- Albany mayor to host discussions about downtowns
- Non-agenda items parking, take-home cars get Albany city commissioners' attention
- Albany area opposition to natural gas pipeline grows
- Dougherty County Commission approves 2015 employee insurance plan
- Lee County investor makes last ditch effort for apartment complex | VIDEO
- Historic Preservation Commission, city of Albany kick off historic district survey
- Dougherty County mulls insurance plan changes
- The Dougherty County Commission finally approves alcohol license for Albany convenience store
Read the latest Georgia news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Capitol Votes by Georgia delegation -- week of Sept. 15, 2014
- Candidate says attorney general soft on corruption
- What Michelle Nunn, David Perdue have to say on rural care crisis
- Home Depot says 56 million card details likely stolen in breach
- Kroger hiring 2,000 new employees in Georgia, South Carolina and eastern Alabama
- Blue Cross dropping Medicare plan for Georgia state retirees
- UPS to hire up to 95,000 temp workers for holiday season
- Secretary of State's Office investigating voter registration fraud in dozen Georgia counties
- Federal prosecutors complete closing arguments in Albany salmonella trial
- Study: Exercise emphasis making students healthier