Six Americans killed.
Egypt’s Hosni Mubarak was being kept alive by life support after the 84-year-old ousted leader suffered a stroke in prison Tuesday, officials said, deepening the country’s uncertainty just as a potentially explosive fight opened over who will succeed him, with both candidates claiming to have won last weekend’s presidential election.
A wave of car bombs struck Shiite pilgrims in several cities across Iraq on Wednesday in one of the deadliest attacks since U.S. troops withdrew from the country.
The Supreme Court on Monday declined to take a new look at the rights of prisoners held at the Guantanamo Bay.
The Taliban struck back less than two hours after President Barack Obama left Afghanistan on Wednesday.
A Pakistani passenger jet with 127 people on board crashed Friday as it was landing in bad weather.
This week's sessions are meant to stitch together U.S. and NATO agreements on the pace of U.S. and allied combat withdrawal next year.
The rocket splintered shortly after launch.
Defying international concerns, North Korea fired a long-range rocket early Friday, but it appears to have fallen into the sea, splintering moments after takeoff, South Korean and U.S. officials said.
President Barack Obama warned North Korea and Iran on Monday that their options are few and their friends fewer.
Two of the attacks Tuesday hit right outside the Green Zone where the Arab summit will be held.
The Taliban vowed revenge Monday for an "inhumane attack" in which an American soldier allegedly shot to death 16 civilians.
A series of attacks in Iraq territory killed at least 50 people on Thursday.
Iran began loading domestically made nuclear fuel rods into its Tehran research reactor on Wednesday.
The Carter Center on Monday announced it received $40 million in donations.
Work was suspended Wednesday on the Italian cruise liner Costa Concordia after the wreckage shifted.
Read the latest national news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Facebook's privacy update: 5 things to know
- First U.S. Ebola case confirmed
- Eric Holder leaving U.S. attorney general post
- U2 releases new album for free on iTunes
- 'All clear' at U.S. Army's Fort Lee in Virginia after report of shooter
- U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss urges White House to declassify info on exchanged Gitmo prisoners | VIDEO & POLL
- U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop concerned over potential impact of new carbon emission rules
- Florida commuter accused of shutting down motorists' cell phones
- Two inmates killed, 100-150 inmates and guards hurt in North Florida jail explosion
- Georgia congressional delegation reacts to debt ceiling vote
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- City of Albany approves telecommunications deal with SGRITA
- Albany-Dougherty Aviation commission welcomes Gloria Gaines, moves forward on improvement plans
- Dougherty County employees in line to get after-Christmas holiday
- Capitol Votes: Nov. 14-20, 2014
- Dougherty County School Board hears from newly formed Student Advisory Council
- Albany State University professor Charles Ochie advocates for 'ban the box' ordinance | POLL
- Dougherty Administrator Richard Crowdis receives Pillar of Professional Management award
- Dougherty County officials OK talks with city of Albany on rec complex
- Ga. lawmakers press forward on medical marijuana
- Capitol Votes week ending Nov. 13, 2014 (UPDATED WITH FRIDAY KEYSTONE VOTES)
Read the latest Georgia news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Protesters in Atlanta oppose Ferguson decision, arrests made | PHOTOS
- Georgia Briefs - Nov. 26, 2014
- New University of georgia Extension Service director named
- Activists plan Atlanta protest of Ferguson ruling
- Ga. fire chief in trouble over homosexuality book
- Grand Jury finds no probable cause to indict police officer in Michael Brown shooting death
- Capitol Votes: Nov. 14-20, 2014
- Jason Carter reflects on loss, party work in Georgia
- Lawmaker wants Georgia schools to go digital by 2020
- State details project list of affordable housing