Five more bodies were found Tuesday from a crippled cruise ship, and a shocking audio emerged in which the ship's captain was heard making excuses as an Italian coast guard officer repeatedly ordered him to return and oversee his ship's chaotic evacuation.
An Iranian court has convicted an American man of working for the CIA and sentenced him to death, state radio reported Monday.
Here's the latest news for Friday December 30th: North Korea names new "Great Leader; Russian nuclear sub burns; Massive pile-up investigated; New Year's preparations underway.
North Korea's Kim Jong Il dies at age 69.
After nearly nine years, 4,500 American dead, 32,000 wounded and more than $800 billion, U.S. officials formally shut down the war in Iraq
Find this story and other news, sports and features items at www.albanyherald.com.
Tariq Aziz, who served as Iraq's top diplomat under Saddam Hussein, will be executed next year.
The number of U.S. ground forces would drop to levels not seen since 1940 Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said in warning Congress of the dire implications of deeper defense cuts.
A small baby was rescued alive from the rubble Tuesday in eastern Turkey, two days after a devastating earthquake toppled buildings in the region.
While there are conflicting reports of deaths from Sunday's earthquake in Turkey, it is apparent that the number continues to rise.
The death toll continues to rise after a 7.2-magnitude rattles Turkey on Sunday, collapsing buildings and trapping residents.
Libyan Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril says Moammar Gadhafi has been killed.
Anwar al-Awlaki, a U.S.-born Islamic militant cleric has been killed in the mountains of Yemen.
American hikers Josh Fattal and Shane Bauer were freed from prison in Iran on Wednesday.
US Embassy says no staff injured in Kabul attack.
Read the latest national news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- Man accused of killing nine at South Carolina church captured
- Keurig recalls more than 7 million brewing machines
- Facebook's privacy update: 5 things to know
- First U.S. Ebola case confirmed
- Eric Holder leaving U.S. attorney general post
- U2 releases new album for free on iTunes
- 'All clear' at U.S. Army's Fort Lee in Virginia after report of shooter
- U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss urges White House to declassify info on exchanged Gitmo prisoners | VIDEO & POLL
- U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop concerned over potential impact of new carbon emission rules
- Florida commuter accused of shutting down motorists' cell phones
Southwest Georgia government news from The Albany Herald Newspaper in Albany, Ga. and albanyherald.com
- EDC board members named for Fiscal Year 2016
- Lee preparing an ordinance to allow food trucks
- Albany City Commission OKs downtown redevelopment funding plan
- EDC report shows significant growth
- Ewell Lyle calls out fellow Dougherty commissioner over Walmart flap
- Wal-Mart officials delay meeting with Dougherty County Commission
- Sharon Subadan: We're not leaving SGRITA high and dry
- Albany city commissioners divided on charter change, speed humps
- Albany Police Chief Michael Persley: Confederate flag supporters have First Amendment right
- Albany city commissioners OK funds for downtown development
Read the latest Georgia news from The Albany Herald newspaper in Albany, GA and albanyherald.com
- U.S. Senate to vote on Planned Parenthood funding
- Jeff Sinyard named to Georgia REACH scholarship Board
- Kroger recalls four seasonings due to possible health risk
- Chewbacca actor, 'Star Trek' actress among stars heading to Dragon Con
- VA hospital manager in Augusta ordered jailed
- Georgia Briefly
- Report: Atlanta's craft brewery SweetWater prepares for IPO
- Georgia's Spelman College ends professorship tied to Bill Cosby
- Georgia congressional delegation votes
- Black students seeing largest increase in student loan borrowing