Photo detail

No one was injured when a fire ignited by unattended cooking raged through a ranch house at 1405 Greenbrier Court at about 6:57 p.m. Friday, said Albany Fire Department Battalion Chief Matthew Jefferson.The fire was under control by 7:19 p.m. he added. According to Jefferson: The Red Cross was contacted to give Eddie Murphy Sr. his wife Gwendolyn, their three grown children and a grandchild shelter. The family was all in the den when grease on the stove caught fire. No one could find a fire extinguisher. Eddie Murphy Sr. is disabled, but his family got him out of the house averting a tragedy.

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Fire guts house on Greenbrier Court

A fire has consumed a house on the 1400 block of Greenbrier Court in Albany. The remains of the house are still smoking as fireman are finishing putting out the fire. The interior of the house appears to be completely destroyed. At this time, there do not appear to be any injuries.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment