Photo detail

A granite boulder with inscription was erected by the Daughters of the American Revolution in 1912 to mark the spot where at least seven people of the Chehaw village were massacred in 1818.

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Remembering the historic Chehaw affair

The first Chehaw were a friendly tribe of native Americans who haven’t lived in this area for a long time.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment