Photo detail

No injuries were reported from a kitchen fire in Apartment 4 at 2507 Redwood Court at 4:15 p.m. Thursday. Smokey, yes that is his name, was carried out of apartment 3 where heavy smoke from the unattended cooking fire accumulated. The apartments were two of four in the building that sustained the most damage, according to Albany Fire Department officials. The man in the purple shirt declined to give his name. He did say that a tan chihuahua-looking dog named Dakota was also found uninjured in the apartment. The fire was extinquished quickly while Albany Police Department officers handled traffic control.

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Unattended cooking causes fire at complex

Albany Fire Department firefighters are finishing up their response to an apartment fire caused by unattended cooking at 2507 Redwood Court off of Stuart Avenue.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment