What do you think of our new website?

A great improvement.

38.46%

It's okay.

11.54%

I don't like it.

34.62%

What was wrong with the old one.

15.38%

Comments

Engineer 4 years ago

I dunno, I'm not a big fan of this being forced to create a login. :|

bridges 4 years ago

It looks more professional.

DRTexas 4 years ago

I still had the old format until last night. How is the date on this poll the 9th of August?

Engineer 4 years ago

Same, I guess that was when our caches refreshed?

Clyde 4 years ago

I do not mind my name being posted for all to see because the things I comment on are not racist or mean towards others but I suspect a large percent of people who normally comment will not now because of retribution they may receive if they post something that is possibly harsh even if it is the truth. Personal interaction with the public about articles will now be cut back tremendously but that may be what the Herald wants.

Clyde 4 years ago

I'm deleting my profile and will not read the online Herald again because I can't comment without knowing I may be tracked down and harrassed no matter how honest or clean my comments might have been. Good bye Albany Herald. Good luck with your new "big brother" website.

LuLu 4 years ago

It's too early to decide if I like it or not, but it's definitely confusing. On the home page, I see local, national, sports and Letters to the Editor all grouped together. It's a little busy. I did eventually find the polls, which is something I couldn't figure out earlier.

jay73 4 years ago

please stop changing your site.It is hard to find what I am looking for.Thanks!

Abytaxpayer 4 years ago

Home page is too busy. Need clean sharp layout not all jumbled up. Should be easy to quick scan page and find links to stories.

Engineer 4 years ago

The site is definitely not optimized for people with wide-screen monitors. Everything is smushed together into 3-4 columns in the middle. It almost looks like is optimized for 800 x 600 monitors.