Plantation welcomes visitors to its newest art exhibition – A Cultural Legacy: The iconic 20thcentury shooting plantation poised in Thomasville, Ga., Pebble Hill Selected Works from the Parker B. Poe Collection- Nov. 22, 2019 until April 30, 2020. Located on the second floor of the Main House, the Elisabeth Ireland Poe Art Gallery features permanent works of Mrs. Poe’s collection, in addition to an impressive rotation of special exhibits. Both Mrs. Poe and her husband, Parker Barrington, shared an appreciation for art depicting the culture and lifestyle of South Georgia, but Parker B. Poe’s style was very different from the more traditional nature, sport and dogs featured in Mrs. Poe’s collection. On loan from The Thomasville Center for the Arts (where Mr. Poe bequeathed his collection upon his death in 1991), this engaging exhibit features an eclectic look into many different art forms and design. From the Parisian Toulouse-Lautrec prints to an 18th century Chinese Lotus bowl from Greta Garbo’s estate, the collection showcases highlights from more than 700 pieces of fine and decorative art Mr. Poe amassed in his lifetime. For more information about the plantation and upcoming special events, visit pebblehill.com.
- Fri, Nov 22, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- Sat, Nov 23, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- Sun, Nov 24, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- Mon, Nov 25, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- Tue, Nov 26, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- Wed, Nov 27, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- Thu, Nov 28, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- Fri, Nov 29, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- Sat, Nov 30, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- Sun, Dec 1, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- Mon, Dec 2, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- Tue, Dec 3, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- Wed, Dec 4, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- Thu, Dec 5, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- Starting Friday, November 22nd, 2019, repeated every day until Thursday, April 30, 2020 @ 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Pebble Hill Plantation1251 U.S. Highway 319 S
Thomasville, GA 31792
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Milledgeville growing into a COVID-19 hot spot
- COVID-19 is not only cause of business closures
- Albany officials' sign not stolen; 'culprit' fesses up after reading of the 'theft'
- Albany protesters hold peaceful demonstration
- COVID-19 cases have plateaued in Albany, but the curve is not downward at Phoebe hospitals
- A woman kept her grandmother's body hidden in a basement freezer for 16 years in social security scheme, police say
- The Minneapolis police officer who knelt on George Floyd's neck had 18 previous complaints against him, police department says
- Pamela Chapman
- CAL THOMAS: Re-open America ... Ted Nugent has spoken
- Big chains filed for bankruptcy every week in May. Here are 6 of them
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.