Details for IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF DOUGHERTY COUNTY STATE OF GEORGIA SHONNA COLLEY JOSEY, IN HER OFFICIAL CAPACITY AS TAX DIRECTOR AND EX-OFFICIO SHERIFF OF DOUGHERTY COUNTY, GEORGIA CIVIL ACTION FILE NUMBER 22 CV 9 -1 240 PINE AVENUEALBANY, GEORGIA 31701 TELEPHONE: (229) 431-3208
IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF DOUGHERTY COUNTY STATE OF GEORGIA SHONNA COLLEY JOSEY, IN HER OFFICIAL CAPACITY AS TAX DIRECTOR AND EX-OFFICIO SHERIFF OF DOUGHERTY COUNTY, GEORGIA CIVIL ACTION FILE NUMBER 22 CV 9 -1 240 PINE AVENUEALBANY, GEORGIA 31701 TELEPHONE: (229) 431-3208 Petitioner v. ALL THAT TRACT OR PARCEL OF LAND LYING AND BEING IN THE CITY OF ALBANY, DOUGHERTY COUNTY, GEORGIA AND BEING ALL OF LOT 275 OF CATALINA BEACH ESTATES, SECTION TWO C, ACCORDING TO A MAP OR PLAT OF SAID SUBDIVISION AS THE SAME IS RECORDED IN PLAT BOOK 4, PAGE 71, IN THE OFFICE OF THE CLERK OF SUPERIOR COURT, DOUGHERTY COUNTY, GEORGIA AND ALSO BEING KNOWN AS: 2308 BEACHVIEW DRIVE ALBANY, GEORGIA 31701 TAX PARCEL ID NUMBER: 0000W/00008/008 AND PAUL L. COX, HIS HEIRS, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS AND ASSIGNS 5322 CROWN OAKS DRIVE LULA, GEORGIA 30554-4716 Respondents NOTICE OF FILING OF PETITION FOR JUDICIAL IN REM AD VALOREM TAX FORECLOSURE UNDER O.C.G.A. § 48-4-78(f). STATE OF GEORGIA DOUGHERTY COUNTY NOTICE RE: Tax Identification Parcel No. 0000W/00008/008 Property Address: 2308 Beachview Drive, Albany, Georgia 31701 Recorded Title Vested In: Paul L. Cox, his heirs, executors, administrators and assigns Taxpayers: Paul L. Cox, his heirs, executors, administrators and assigns LEGAL DESCRIPTION All that tract or parcel of land lying and being in the City of Albany, Dougherty County, Georgia and being All of Lot 275 of the Catalina Beach Estates, Section Two C, according to a map or plat of said subdivision as the same is recorded in Plat Book 4, Page 71, in the office of the Clerk of Superior Court, Dougherty County, Georgia. Together with all rights, title and interest running with the above-described property but not taxed under a separate tax reference number as delineated on the tax maps of the Petitioner for the year(s) for which the taxes are being foreclosed. Being the same property described in Deeds recorded in Deed Book 981, Page 39 and Deed Book 2205, Page 172 in the Office of the Clerk of Superior Court of Dougherty County, Georgia. On January 6, 2022 a Petition was filed in Dougherty County Superior Court seeking foreclosure of the ad valorem tax lien(s) for the years 2004 through 2021 in the amount of $3,302.13 which consists of Principal tax, Interest, and Penalties. This petition was filed by the Dougherty County Tax Director, 240 Pine Avenue, Albany, Georgia 31701 (person responsible for collecting ad valorem taxes). For further information, contact the Dougherty County Tax Director, Shonna Colley Josey, in the Dougherty County Tax Department Office located at 240 Pine Avenue, Albany, Georgia 31701 (Telephone number (229) 431-3208). For information on the court hearing date, call the Dougherty County Superior Court Clerk at (229) 431-2198 and ask for information about Civil Action File Number 22 CV 9 -1. W. SPENCER LEE, IV ATTORNEY FOR PETITIONER GEORGIA BAR NO. 444500 Post Office Box 1376 Albany, Georgia 31702 Telephone: 229.888.0013 To be published on the dates of January 12 and 19, 2022.
- Georgia corrections prepares to spend $600 million to replace older prisons
- Lee County football program announces 2022 schedule
- Subadan's tenure at Douglas County lasts eight months
- Columbus Army veteran Jeremy Hunt declares for U.S. House District 2
- Albany Fire Department responds to fatal structure fire
- Eddie Mildred Glover
- COVID numbers spiking for Albany employees, hospitalizations hit 125
- Georgia state investigators probe fatal shooting by off-duty deputy
- Macon-Bibb County, Georgia is among the worst cities in the country for auto theft
- Jesse Lee Nolan
- ON THE MARKET: 4 bedroom Lee County home features bonus room, in-ground pool
- PHOTOS: Take a photo tour of Athens-Clarke County, Georgia with the Albany Herald
- GET OUT THERE: 5 things to do in southwest Georgia this weekend, Jan. 21-23
- PHOTOS: Let the games begin: Albany offering weekly checkers and chess play
- PHOTOS: Albany State University Martin Luther King, Jr. Justice Brunch
- Metros sending the most people to Columbus, Georgia
- PHOTOS: Deerfield-Windsor vs. Tattnall Square Basketball
- PHOTOS: Georgia Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators Gymnastics
- PHOTOS: Albany State University What's Up Wednesday: Wellness in Action
- PHOTOS: Albany State University MLK Day of Service Project
POLL: It's been exactly one year since President Biden took office. Do you think he is doing a good job?
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.