Details for The Albany Housing Authority will be opening its waiting list
The Albany Housing Authority will be opening its waiting list for the Housing Choice Voucher, known as the Mainstream Voucher. The Mainstream Voucher is a rental housing assistance solution that places the housing choice in the hands of the family. The Albany Housing Authority will be accepting preliminary screening calls on January 25that 8:00 a.m. All persons interested in participating in the Housing Voucher program must call 229-434-0188 on January 25th, at 8:00 a.m. The Albany Housing Authority will only be taking 50 calls. To qualify someone in your home must be between the age of 18 and 61 and have a documented disability, and is homeless or on the verge of homelessness. Please have documented disability at the time of the call. As an equal opportunity housing provider, The Albany Housing Authority provides housing opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, physicalor mental disability, familial status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Covid-19 death rates 10 times higher in countries where most adults are overweight, report finds
- Stripling's General Store announces expansion plans into Tifton
- Lee County, Carver-Columbus to meet in 2021 Hamp Smith Football Classic at Albany State
- There's good Covid-19 news, including a third vaccine's approval. But don't ease up on safety measures, Fauci warns
- Which Covid-19 vaccine should I get? Dr. Wen weighs in
- MARY JANE SALTER
- GIRLS BASKETBALL ROUNDUP: Deerfield-Windsor, Westwood post playoff wins
- GEORGE WILL: Unprecedented, untargeted 'stimulus'
- Stephen Ferrell Hinton
- Victor W. Evans
- ON THE MARKET: 6 bedroom Lee County home features lake view, pecan trees, and salt water pool
- PHOTOS: Pets available for adoption at Lee County Animal Shelter - March 3
- PHOTOS: WPFQ's Honey Jam weekend event a big success
- PHOTOS: Pets available for adoption this week at Moultrie Colquitt County Humane Society - March 3
- 10 editorial and topical cartoons from the past week — March 1
- PHOTOS: Retirement celebration of Albany State University's Dr. Stephanie R. Harris-Jolly
- PHOTOS: Suit Drive with M.A.L.E.S., part of Albany State University's Pre-Alumni Council Week
- Biggest farming county in every state
- 50 delicious air-fryer recipes
- County with the most severe weather in every state
President Biden has been in office for over a month now. How do you think he has been handling his job so far? This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.