There might be nothing better than a warm bowl of soup when the weather turns chilly. While making soup can be as easy as grabbing a can opener and then heating it up, homemade soups not only can warm you up, they can also provide for several meals.
Here are a few tips, according to SimplyRecipes.com, that can help you improve the taste, texture or complexity of your flavors.
Brown or sear the meat.
Roast the veggies.
Mix up the texture.
Use homemade stock whenever possible.
Put your cheese rinds to work.
Perk up a bland soup with simple pantry staples.
Add fresh herbs or dairy when serving.
- More Content Now
One of the most popular pieces of kitchenware in the past few years is the Instant Pot or multicooker. An electronically controlled combinatio…
Stacker compiled a list of signature dishes from 50 of the world’s nations, drawing upon travelogues, news reports, food writers and experts, …
As featured on
While refrigerating food reduces bacteria growth and food spoilage, not all your groceries b…
It is well known that eating healthy foods offer numerous preventive benefits such as reduci…
- Opening of three Albany Food Lion stores brings new grocery options
- Lee County, Carver-Columbus to meet in 2021 Hamp Smith Football Classic at Albany State
- There's good Covid-19 news, including a third vaccine's approval. But don't ease up on safety measures, Fauci warns
- Albany City Commission sets earlier closing time for bars
- Reversal of Earth's magnetic poles may have triggered Neanderthal extinction -- and it could happen again
- Stripling's General Store announces expansion plans into Tifton
- Which Covid-19 vaccine should I get? Dr. Wen weighs in
- Lee Co-County Manager Michael Sistrunk tenders resignation
- Independent radio station fights for survival
- MARY JANE SALTER
- PHOTOS: Pets available for adoption this week at Moultrie Colquitt County Humane Society - Feb 24
- ON THE MARKET: Custom built Albany home in Byron Plantation features 2 tankless water heaters
- PHOTOS: Retirement celebration of Albany State University's Dr. Stephanie R. Harris-Jolly
- PHOTOS: The Big Blue & Gold Circus, part of Pre-Alumni Council Week at Albany State University
- PHOTOS: WPFQ's Honey Jam weekend event a big success
- PHOTOS: Albany State University Wellness Day 2021
- ON THE MARKET: 10 reasons this Albany home steps away from Doublegate Golf Course could be for you
- PHOTOS: Suit Drive with M.A.L.E.S., part of Albany State University's Pre-Alumni Council Week
- Biggest farming county in every state
- ON THE MARKET: Leesburg home features lava rock kitchen island from UGA legend Fran Tarkenton's home
President Biden has been in office for over a month now. How do you think he has been handling his job so far? This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.