The late Howard Finster, arguably America’s best-known modern folk artist, would have turned 100 years old this past Friday. The Albany Museum of Art has one of the few exhibits marking the centennial birthday of the Baptist preacher turned outsider artist, an idea that originated with a local collector of the world-renowned artist’s work.
- Four Lee County softball players sign letters of intent
- Bo Dorough stuns Dorothy Hubbard to claim Albany mayor's seat
- GBI arrests Cairo Police Chief Keith Sandefur for theft
- Pelham fans outnumber Marion
- Westover's Lewis Smith resigns
- CARLTON FLETCHER: A bit of political sleaze trickles down to local level
- Pelham Hornets one win away from state championship game
- Albany, Leesburg parades thrill thousands
- Mitzi Hunter
- Georgia defense: LSU 'hasn't seen us yet'