This raised cottage, Greek revival style home originally built in 1841 is located on +/- 6.74 acres on Byron Plantation Road.
The home was moved from Cuthbert, Georgia in 1990 and owners were able to save and use most all the original materials including the 6 large octagon shaped columns, diamond shaped transom and entablature over each side of the front door.
The driveway is lined with beautiful pecan trees.
When you enter the foyer, you will see the heart pine floors and wanes coating, the 12-foot ceilings, and the hand blown glass windows.
The library is to the right and has heart pine boards from the original dwelling and a handsome heart pine mantle with a gas fireplace (one of the 4 fireplaces in the home).
The dining room is to the left with four large 8-foot windows, wood burning fireplace, Italian teardrop chandelier and a working dumbwaiter for transporting food from the kitchen below.
The rear stair case is tucked away allowing for the main hall to double as an additional living space. The lower level of the home was built on site with reclaimed materials to complement the historic details of the upper level and is similar to many raised low country style or Louisiana Cottage style homes with double brick walls and a brick floor.
Overhead you will note the 10-foot ceilings with rough cut heart pine and hand-hewn beams.
Outside is a newly added covered back patio with a large wood burning outdoor fireplace. There is large yard, a well/storage house and amazing 24 x20 wood shop and additional storage.
Scroll through the photos below for a virtual tour of this beautiful, old home.
The property is listed for $675,000 and is located at:
- Information courtesy Zillow.com
This recently renovated Lee County home is situated on 11.14 acres and features 4 bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms with a pond and a 6-stall horse barn.
If serenity and privacy is what you want.... this is the home in Moultrie is for you.
As featured on
The home known by Netflix viewers as the LaRusso Mansion from the hit show "Cobra Kai" is lo…
This 4 bedroom, 2½ bathroom home in West Lee County includes more than 3,000 square feet of …
- Sri Lanka grants bail to captain of cargo ship embroiled in one of its worst environmental disasters
- Summer basketball action continues for area high school teams
- Georgia's Fulton County under state investigation for allegedly violating ballot drop box form rules
- Indian pilots fight for compensation after colleagues die of Covid-19
- Would-be school developer's 'misstatements' draw response from Dougherty schools superintendent
- Westover grad Haven "Hitman" Brady Jr. readying for biggest pro fight at Miami Marlins park
- Dr. Michael Stafford Manning
- Chris Brown to perform at Albany Civic Center
- Camellias in Albany park unveiled by work of Alabama church group, neighbors
- Sheila Ann Hatcher
- Georgia lawmakers respond to crime wave
- Justice seeks to bar Wilkinson County tax preparer
- Pretoria Fields Collective still standing as second hemp season kicks off
- Albany Scout John Holton wins National Heroism Award
- ON THE MARKET: Moultrie home on 5 acres of land features crown molding, gazebo and pond
- Comparing minimum wage to the cost of living in every state
- PHOTOS: Lee County Football Summer 7-on-7
- ON THE MARKET: Lee County home on 11 acres boasts in-ground pool, horse barn, and fishing pond
- County in every state with the lowest home prices
- Iconic fly fishing destinations in every state
- PHOTOS: Pets available for adoption this week at Moultrie Colquitt County Humane Society - May 19
- ON THE MARKET: This home was built in 1841, moved to Albany in 1990, then renovated
- 10 editorial and topical cartoons from the past week — June 7
- PHOTOS: Monroe vs. Americus-Sumter Summer Basketball
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.