Col. Robert Richey Granville, Jr., M.D. (U.S. Army ret.) died February 13, 2021 of Covid-19 at Crisp Regional Hospital in Cordele, Georgia. Born in New York City on March 3, 1950 to Robert and Jean Dunkle Granville, Rob spent his childhood in the Northeast and Saint Louis. After graduating from Reed College, he earned his medical degree from Oregon Health and Science University. Rob proudly served his country in Panama, in the Middle East and at military hospitals in El Paso and San Antonio, first as a general medical officer and then as an orthopedist. He treated all his patients with skill, compassion and respect, with special empathy for soldiers suffering life-altering combat injuries. Possessing a robust sense of humor and a vibrant and heroic approach to life, Rob was an avid outdoorsman. He came to love Southwest Georgia's natural environment and especially the warm, supportive friends he found there. He is survived by his son Joe Granville, wife Jennie Barb, sister Sandy Sheehy, nephew Pat Rabin and devoted friends, especially Herbert Gladin. Rob's family is grateful for the expert and attentive care he received from Dr. William White and the team at Crisp Regional Hospital. At Rob's request, there will be no formal memorial service. Those wishing to make gifts in his memory may contribute to Trout Unlimited (www.tu.org) or the charity of their choice.
- Here's what we know about Tiger Woods' car accident and injuries
- California professor put on paid administrative leave after video shows him chastising student who is hard of hearing
- China detains six people for 'insulting' soldiers killed in India border clash
- Pfizer, Moderna, J&J pledge 240 million total Covid-19 vaccine doses by the end of March
- 35 voter fraud cases in Georgia turned over for prosecution
- Dougherty County parents accused of locking boy in laundry room arrested
- Jimmy Floyd Fields, Jr.
- Milton Griffin, Jr.
- Paulding County district attorney indicted on four felony charges
- Mark Anthony Suttles
- Lee Co-County Manager Michael Sistrunk tenders resignation
- Joel Glenn Eubanks
- Larrry Walter Massey
- Don S. Moody, Sr.
- ON THE MARKET: Leesburg home features lava rock kitchen island from UGA legend Fran Tarkenton's home
- PHOTOS: Pets available for adoption right now at Moultrie Colquitt County Humane Society - Feb 17
- ON THE MARKET: Custom built Albany home in Byron Plantation features 2 tankless water heaters
- ON THE MARKET: 10 reasons this Albany home steps away from Doublegate Golf Course could be for you
- ON THE MARKET: Duplex for sale features 'staged' mannequins in different rooms, poses
- 100 best dramas of all time, according to critics
- PHOTOS: Winter storms hammer midwest United States with record snowfalls
- History of African Americans in the US military
- Top 10 luxury vehicles for America’s wealthiest
- Notable companies founded by Black entrepreneurs