Lake Wales, FL
Connie L. Hurst Truluck
Connie L. Hurst Truluck of Lake Wales passed away Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at her residence.
She was born December 20, 1950 a native of Baker County, Georgia to the late R.J. and Ethel (Ray) Lanier. Connie has been a resident of lake Wales since 2005 coming from Lakeland where she resided from 1975 to 2005. She was a retired Office Manager and of the Methodist Faith. Connie was a wonderful dedicated mother that loved her family dearly, she was a great cook, enjoyed air boating, fishing and anything to do with the outdoors. She loved her little dog and was a passionate baseball fan cheering for the Rays and Braves.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, Wayne Truluck, her brother, Bobby Lanier.
Survivors include her daughter, Heather Leigh Odom of Polk City, Fl.; son, Charles Edward "Eddie" Hurst, II of Lake Wales; sister, Gail Harrell of Patmos, Georgia; brother, Mike Lanier (Mamie) Newton, Georgia; sister-in-law, Christine Lanier of Douglas, Georgia; 5 Grandchildren , 4 great grandchildren, father of her children Charlie (Buddy) Hurst, many nieces and nephews.
Memorial service will be scheduled at a later date by the family in Patmos, Georgia.
In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to Good Shepherd Hospice 450 Arneson Avenue, Auburndale, Florida 33823 or The American Cancer Society, 809 S Florida Ave, Lakeland, FL 33801
Condolences may be sent to the family at www.marionnelsonfuneralhome.com.
Marion Nelson Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Lake Wales, Florida 33853
- Despite warning from feds, Georgia officials moving forward with Medicaid launch
- Would-be school developer's 'misstatements' draw response from Dougherty schools superintendent
- Dr. Michael Stafford Manning
- Chris Brown to perform at Albany Civic Center
- Georgia outdoing comparably-sized states in distributing unemployment benefits
- Camellias in Albany park unveiled by work of Alabama church group, neighbors
- Beloved Sherwood kindergarten teacher announces retirement
- Dr. Christopher (Chris) Campbell Smith
- Mike Sistrunk's demands include $560,000, John Wheaton resignation
- Gordon Hotel will be Marriott International's first black-operated facility
- ON THE MARKET: Lee County home on 11 acres boasts in-ground pool, horse barn, and fishing pond
- 8 ways to reach a healthy blood pressure
- ON THE MARKET: This home was built in 1841, moved to Albany in 1990, then renovated
- Comparing minimum wage to the cost of living in every state
- County in every state with the lowest home prices
- PHOTOS: Pets available for adoption this week at Moultrie Colquitt County Humane Society - May 19
- A history of US submarines from the Revolution to today
- Key statistics small business owners should know in 2021
- 25 best religious movies, according to critics
- 10 editorial and topical cartoons from the past week — June 7