Donald L. Green, died Monday, June 29, 2020 at his residence. A memorial service will be held Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 11:00 AM at Kimbrell-Stern. Rev. Thad Haygood and Mrs. Laurel Griffith will officiate. Mr. Green was a retired MSgt from the U.S. Air Force in 1967 after almost 21 years. He later taught history and was an assistant principal at Monroe High School, was a member Kiwanis Club, First United Methodist Church as well as the Hudson Malone Sunday School Class. Survivors include his son, Michael W. Green and his wife, Connie of TN, a sister, Beverly Lumberg of Nile, MI and a half sister, Wilma Flickenger of WI, 6 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his wife, Mary "Polly" Strickland Green and 2 sons, Randy Green and Mark Green. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to First United Methodist Church, 307 Flint Ave., Albany, GA 31701 , or Shriners Hospitals for Children, 2900 Rocky Point Drive, Tampa, FL 33607 To share your thoughts with the Green family, you may visit our website at www.kimbrellstern.com.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Coronavirus has pushed these schools to cancel their athletic programs in the fall
- 'Enormous challenge:' Global temperatures could exceed crucial 1.5 C target in the next five years
- Bodycam footage from Phoenix arrest reveals new details about Black man's death in custody
- Body camera footage shows a Schenectady police officer putting his knee on a man's head and neck during arrest
- After memorable basketball career at Auburn, Worth County native Anfernee McLemore looking forward
- Moultrie drug dealer found guilty on meth charges
- Dougherty schools plan for students' return to campus on Aug. 3
- Albany police respond to homicide, vehicle in Flint River
- Phoebe officials file new objection to Lee Medical Center
- Second wave: Phoebe COVID-19 numbers now on the rise
- Burton Coley Allen
- Mrs. Mary Polite
- Walter Ralph Keenan
- Freddie Freeman among four Atlanta Braves who test positive for coronavirus