Edward Westmoreland Puckett was the youngest of five children born to Buell and Ruth (Gray) Puckett. He was born on November 18, 1960 in Fairfield, IL, and died peacefully on June 17, 2020, in Cairo, GA. He is survived by his wife Cindy (Pritchett), of Whigham, GA; his sons Wes of Albany, GA; Josh of Thomasville, GA; and Zach of Columbus, GA; and two grandchildren, Wes's daughter and Josh's son, Josh Jr. Also surviving are his mother of Murray, KY; his siblings Ann (Tom Wilson) of Athens, GA; Tammy Vail (Dennis) of Fairfield, IL; Charlie of Reynoldsburg, OH; and Patti (Tim Rife), of Murray, KY. He leaves a number of nieces and nephews, most especially Tammy's children, Scott Ruhl (Gena), Jennifer Smith (Randy), and Kevin Ruhl (Lucy), to whom he was a big brother while he lived with them and went to Fairfield High School (class of 1980). Ed was a man of action and a man of the outdoors. In the prime of his life, he was an outstanding employee and a well- respected member of the community. He was noted for community service and won an award from Easter Seals of Southwest Georgia for organizing their annual golf tournament fund raiser. Because of the Corona virus, no service will be held at this time. The family hopes to have a memorial service at a later date.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- The US is about to reach 3 million coronavirus cases. Here's what happened in the days leading up to it
- Attorney releases video showing 16-year-old Cornelius Fredericks being restrained and given chest compressions later
- Coronavirus pandemic: Updates from around the world
- AIDS 2020: Researchers describe a possible case of HIV remission and a new method to prevent infection
- After memorable basketball career at Auburn, Worth County native Anfernee McLemore looking forward
- Moultrie drug dealer found guilty on meth charges
- Dougherty schools plan for students' return to campus on Aug. 3
- Albany police respond to homicide, vehicle in Flint River
- Second wave: Phoebe COVID-19 numbers now on the rise
- Burton Coley Allen
- Freddie Freeman among four Atlanta Braves who test positive for coronavirus
- Declining eyesight can be improved by looking at red light, pilot study says
- The do's and don'ts of cooking summer food outside
- Veterans clinic to open at Robins Air Force Base
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.