Photos: Joe Whitfield
As featured on
- NYPD make arrest in connection to the death of an Asian woman who was pushed in front of a train
- Atlanta Hawks celebrate Ryan Wilson, TK Peterson at Forever 404 Honors
- DANNY TYREE: Will 'just friends' replace 'friends with benefits'?
- TERRY MATTINGLY: Elon Musk, the Babylon Bee and the teaching of Jesus
- Dougherty coroner responds to pair of Monday-morning deaths
- Check-cashing scheme leads to arrest of Macon man on weapons charge
- Deerfield-Windsor celebrates two national champions on Georgia football team
- Georgia secretary of state calls for nationwide ban on non-citizen voting
- Jones files election complaint against placement of drop box in DeKalb County
- Georgia Bulldogs beat Alabama for first national championship since 1980
- Naturally Cool is rocking in Doerun
- State Republicans rankled by administration’s voting rights agenda
- Lee County duo, Dougherty's Kameron Davis headline locals on Georgia High School Football Daily All-State Football Team
- Chronic wasting disease detected in Alabama deer
- PHOTOS: Dougherty vs. Westover Basketball
- Counties with highest COVID-19 infection rates in Georgia
- GET OUT THERE: 5 things to do in southwest Georgia this weekend, Jan. 14-16
- PHOTOS: Westwood vs. Southwest Georgia Basketball
- PHOTOS: UGA National Championship Parade in Athens
- PHOTOS: First Day of Spring Semester at Albany State University
- PHOTOS: Georgia defeats Alabama for CFP National Championship
- PHOTOS: Transitions: Two new Albany City Commission members take office on Monday
- PHOTOS: Albany State New Student Orientation
- PHOTOS: Biden, Harris speak in Atlanta as part of voting rights push
January is the beginning of a new year and the perfect time to start the year celebrating National Blood Donor Month.
Due to increased seasonal illnesses during the winter months and inclement weather conditions, donations of blood and platelets decline, and demand increases. The American Red Ross encourages everyone can donate to continue their donations or for those who have never donated, to make an appointment. Blood donation is safer than ever before and saves lives. Millions of people including cancer patients, organ recipients, and victims of accidents rely on blood donations from people like you and me.
To find the closest location to donate blood, go to www.redcross.org/give-blood.html
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.