Special Weather Statement until 6:30AM EST FRI
This bulletin remains in effect until 6:30 am Friday for Dougherty County, GA
Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson has tested positive for COVID-19, NFL Network and ESPN reported Thursday. Read more
When the British-Swedish drugmaker AstraZeneca announced on Monday that its experimental coronavirus vaccine is 70% effective on average, the world exhaled a collective sigh of relief and stocks rallied. Another vaccine with promising results had arrived. Read more
Sadiq al-Mahdi, Sudan's last democratically elected prime minister, who was toppled in 1989 by former dictator Omar al-Bashir, died Thursday from coronavirus. Read more
- Georgia State outlasts Georgia Tech in 4 OTs in Atlanta men's college basketball battle
- Fred Sasakamoose, Indigenous NHL trailblazer, dies at 86 after battle with Covid-19
- Dan Carter pays tribute to French rugby great Christophe Dominici, who has died aged 48
- Atlanta Braves release commemorative book, "150 Years of Braves Baseball"
- FOOTBALL PLAYOFF NOTES: Lee County opens with Tucker; Westover on the road
- What Georgia head football coach Kirby Smart had to say leading into the South Carolina game
- CREEDE HINSHAW: Finding inspiration in a fried Thanksgiving turkey
- Drake sides with The Weeknd, says Grammys 'may no longer matter'
- Revisiting the 'Friends' Thanksgiving episodes may sweeten the holiday
- 'Black Beauty' reimagines the classic horse story
- Chrissy Teigen is in 'grief depression hole'
- Trump says for first time he'll leave office if Electoral College votes for Biden
- In posthumous message, Alex Trebek asks viewers to 'be thankful' and 'keep the faith'
- Thousands of people in California had their power shut off amid wildfire danger
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade just featured a native land acknowledgment
- Covid pandemic disproportionately hurting women, UN warns
- Sudan's last democratically elected prime minister dies of Covid-19
- Whole Foods sent some customers a disconcerting email about their turkey
- AstraZeneca hopes the world can focus on its positive vaccine news. But experts fear a lack of transparency has clouded that
- Disney is laying off 32,000 employees
- Slack stock spikes on reports of Salesforce deal
- FiberVisions to invests $48 million in expanding Covington operations
- Pennsylvania and Nevada certify election results for Biden, North Carolina for Trump
- Georgia set for second election recount, unlikely to probe mail-in signatures
- Trump campaign requests Georgia recount that's unlikely to change his loss in the state
- Federal judge dismisses Trump campaign Pennsylvania lawsuit
- Georgia's pro-Trump election chief is now considered a pariah inside the GOP
- Download and print these kids' activity sheets to fill some down time
- Celebrate Earth Day at home with these family activities
- Live streams to check out: Celebrities and authors reading books to kids
- Georgia 4-H offers virtual environmental education series
- Albany museum offers hands-on educational blog 'Staying Inspired!'
- Georgia unemployment claims increase after weekslong downward trend
- Grammy-winning rapper Lecrae brings restoration to Atlanta neighborhood
- New York Times: Justice Department probed Georgia Sen. David Perdue's stock sales at beginning of pandemic
- State lawmakers seek special session for voter ID changes
- State commission focuses on mental health services
- Four Republican state senators call for special session to review Georgia voting system
- Too many Thanksgiving or Election Day disagreements? Here's how to have a better argument
- Coronavirus hospitalizations hit another record as experts warn Thanksgiving gatherings could worsen the pandemic
- Young people's anxiety levels nearly doubled during first Covid-19 lockdown, study says
- Here's the type and amount of exercise you need, WHO advises
- So far, coronavirus mutations don't mean much, big study finds
Headlines delivered to your inbox
Sign up for Albany Eats, a weekly email newsletter with the latest on eateries in the Albany area sprinkled with recipes.
Albany Herald e-Edition
Get the daily Albany Herald e-edition delivered to your inbox every morning.
Get the latest business news delivered to your inbox every weekday morning.
Coronavirus outbreak update
Get the latest updates on the coronavirus outbreak delivered to your inbox daily.
Get the Local News headlines from the Albany Herald delivered daily to your email inbox.
Most popular posts from AlbanyHerald.com
Get the most popular posts on AlbanyHerald.com from the previous week emailed to you every Monday morning.
Get news alerts and breaking news stories from the Albany Herald delivered to your email.
Get the latest obituaries delivered to your inbox every weekday morning.
Southwest Georgia Weather
Get our expert short-term forecast, summary of the weather details and news of any severe weather in the Albany, Georgia area.
Get the Sports headlines from the Albany Herald delivered daily to your email.
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.