ALBANY -- The city of Albany received an additional round of special allocation of Community Development Block Grant coronavirus funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in the amount of $508,745 to be used to prevent, prepare for, and respond to COVID-19. This allocat… Read more
The young woman and her sister had traveled across Europe just as the coronavirus pandemic was taking off there, visiting Milan and Paris before heading to London. Read more
- Ronnie Hogue, first Black men's basketball player on scholarship at Georgia, dies at 69
- Dougherty County School System releases 2020 football schedule, which begins Oct. 2
- SEC announces football game rescheduling, cancellation policies for COVID-19 issues
- Falcons coach Dan Quinn sees promise, room for improvement heading into Dallas matchup
- University of Georgia coach Kirby Smart, wife donate $1 million to social justice, scholarship funds
- SMITH: Greg McGarity celebrating the 10th anniversary of getting his dream job as Georgia AD
- 7 continents, 1 wheelchair: Cory Lee's adventures show travel has no boundaries
- NYC restaurants can soon add a Covid-19 surcharge to customers' bills
- How to honor RBG by supporting her favorite causes
- City receives another half-million dollars in CARES Act funds
- Hospitals in U.S. charge 2.5 times Medicare rate
- 11 people are arrested after a demonstration outside a federal building in Portland
- Americans abroad face major obstacles ensuring their vote is counted in November
- Fact-checking Biden's CNN town hall
- Pence's former lead coronavirus task force aide slams Trump and endorses Biden in new video
- FBI director Wray says Russia is actively interfering in 2020 election to 'denigrate' Biden
- Trump's former spy chief is calling on Congress to create an election oversight commission
- Download and print these kids' activity sheets to fill some down time
- Celebrate Earth Day at home with these family activities
- Live streams to check out: Celebrities and authors reading books to kids
- Georgia 4-H offers virtual environmental education series
- Albany museum offers hands-on educational blog 'Staying Inspired!'
- Kelly Loeffler slammed by Florida congressman
- Savannah accountant sentenced in $1.6 million check-forging scheme
- Issues with state's June 9 primary detailed in state House inquiry
- UGA professor receives EPA research funding
- Zoo Atlanta's Great Ape Heart Project claims award
- West Point student elected Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College student government president
- Some college students face stay-at-home orders as local leaders try to control Covid-19 spread
- Coronavirus can spread on airline flights, two studies show
- Trump says every American can get a coronavirus vaccine by April, but health experts say that's not likely
- Pregnant women with Covid-19 may be at increased risk of preterm delivery, CDC study suggests
- CDC updates, again, guidelines on testing people without coronavirus symptoms
Headlines delivered to your inbox
Sign up for Albany Eats, a weekly email newsletter with the latest on eateries in the Albany area sprinkled with recipes.
Albany Herald e-Edition
Get the daily Albany Herald e-edition delivered to your inbox every morning.
Get the latest business news delivered to your inbox every weekday morning.
Coronavirus outbreak update
Get the latest updates on the coronavirus outbreak delivered to your inbox daily.
Get the Local News headlines from the Albany Herald delivered daily to your email inbox.
Most popular posts from AlbanyHerald.com
Get the most popular posts on AlbanyHerald.com from the previous week emailed to you every Monday morning.
Get news alerts and breaking news stories from the Albany Herald delivered to your email.
Get the latest obituaries delivered to your inbox every weekday morning.
Southwest Georgia Weather
Get our expert short-term forecast, summary of the weather details and news of any severe weather in the Albany, Georgia area.
Get the Sports headlines from the Albany Herald delivered daily to your email.
This is not a scientific poll — results reflect only the opinions of those voting.